TPMG is seeking a full-time BE/BC Rheumatologist to join our team in Santa Clara, CA.
Santa Clara Kaiser serves the South Bay Area. We are a tertiary medical center with many specialists and subspecialists that participate in the care of our patients. We have a residency program in Internal Medicine and Podiatry. We have satellite clinics in Mountain View, Milpitas, Skyport, and Campbell. We get referrals from all these clinics as well as the main medical center.
The Rheumatology group has 3 MD s and will have one pharmacist. Clinic day starts at 830 and ends at 530.
We average 10-12 patient encounters per day. We have a variety of visits, including in office visits and virtual visits (telephone and video visits). Among these encounters, we see 3-4 new consults per day per MD.
We incorporate one day of virtual care where MD s have the option to work from home this will continue as long as the demand for virtual care by our patient population continues.
We rotate call among 3 rheumatologists: Daily call is rotated among the rheumatologists working in the office the person on call does hospital consults and answers all questions from the outpatient clinic. After hour call is in 2-week rotations, covering calls from the hospital and ER; most will be advice over the phone, some will require a detailed chart review and documentation, and rarely will need to go in for an official consult.
Practice management: caring for all our chronic patients by ongoing correspondence with our patients, reviewing results in a timely manner, reviewing and refilling medications when appropriate, making sure that all necessary monitoring labs are done.
We teach residents who rotate through Rheumatology in 1 2-week blocks. We are also asked to participate in morning report and give didactic conferences.
The Permanente Medical Group, Inc. is one of the largest medical groups in the nation with over 9,000 physicians, 22 medical centers, numerous clinics throughout Northern and Central California and a 75-year tradition of providing quality medical care.
- Board Certification or Eligibility
- Must be eligible to obtain a CA medical license or be currently licensed to practice within CA
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support.
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to our member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management.
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $200,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
Please visit our website to view all our opportunities located throughout Northern, CA: https://tpmg.permanente.org
We are an EOE/AA/M/F/D/V Employer | VEVRAA Federal Contractor