Wake Forest Baptist Health (WFBH) seeks a Board-Certified Rheumatologist to join the Section on Rheumatology in the Department of Internal Medicine in association with the Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence. We are seeking an exceptional clinician-educator to join us in our Mission to Care, and Mission to Cure at WFBH. This is an open-rank, faculty opportunity, with the ideal candidate possessing the following qualifications:
- MD/DO/PA-C - Rheumatology Fellowship Training/Rheumatology experience (PA-C)
- nterest in vasculitis (but not required)
- North Carolina licensure or eligible
- Rank commensurate with credentials and experience
This position offers an exciting opportunity to actively participate in the medical education for our fellows and medical residents at WFBH. WFBH just completed a strategic combination with the Atrium Health System. This new, strategic combination significantly expands patient care and research opportunities to more than 1500 care locations and 42 hospitals, reaching more than 7 million people across North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Virginia
- 3 triage nurses dedicated to rheumatology handle patient calls, refills, outside lab results, etc.
- Two clinic locations: one at the medical center (Miller Plaza) and one in Clemmons (12-minute drive from the medical center).
- The new hire will likely see patients at Clemmons.
- One clinic support staff for 1-2 physicians
- One pharmacist dedicated to rheum
- Separate prior authorization team
- 1.5 FTE office staff who handle outside medical records, scheduling urgent patient appointment, etc.
- 5 full-time and 1 part-time physicians and 1 full-time physician assistant (PA)
- A full time clinical faculty has 8 half-day clinics per week.
- In-patient consult one week at a time, distributed among current full time physicians
Compensation and benefits package will be competitive making this position attractive financially as well as professionally.