Job Description & Requirements
Chief Medical Officer in Iowa
StartDate: ASAP Pay Rate: $320000.00 - 350000.00
Play an integral part in a groundbreaking effort towards state-of-the-art, high-quality care for Iowans with IDD. The University of Iowa is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible physician in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Psychiatry to serve as Chief Medical Officer for Intellectual Disabilities for Glenwood Resource Center (GRC). GRC is a licensed state facility caring for 165 adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities (IDD) and complex medical needs.Opportunity Highlights
- $320-350k salary range
- Full benefits package and generous vacation
- Part of a new, exciting relationship between the state of Iowa Department of Human Services and the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- MD or equivalent degree and completion of an ACGME-accredited Residency Program
- Minimum 5 years of experience in adult medicine required
- Driving innovation for systems of care for people with IDD in Iowa
- Full faculty appointment within the appropriate academic department of the University of Iowa Health Care
While this position is located in Iowa, candidates can easily set down roots in Omaha, Nebraska. Located just over the border, Omaha is a vibrant Midwest city with much to offer.
- Ranked #13 Best City to Live in America by Livability.com
- Good public and private schools
- Beautiful, friendly neighborhoods
- Affordable cost of living
- Family-friendly attractions include a top zoo, museums, water park, and NCAA Men’s College World Series
- Rated a Top 20 Best Place to Raise a Family by WalletHub
About the Company
- Candidates must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Iowa and must be board eligible or certified in Internal, Family, or Psychiatry Medicine.
- Medical degree required
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Chief Medical Officer, Cmo, Executive, C-Suite, Physician Executive, Physician Leader