The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine is seeking qualified OB hospitalists to join the faculty of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The position offers an opportunity to join a growing obstetrics-focused hospitalist program with a faculty appointment within our fully accredited OB/GYN residency program.
The focus of the Hospitalists will be the clinical care of general obstetrical patients at Tampa General Hospital, the primary teaching hospital of the USF Morsani College of Medicine. Tampa General Hospital is an Obstetrical Center of Excellence and delivers 6300 patients per year and rising. USF CNMs , Specialists in General OB/GYN Maternal Fetal Medicine, Obstetrical anesthesia, and a Level 3 NICU participate in our collaborative practice.
HOSPITAL PRACTICE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Flexible 14 twelve-hour shifts per month including days, nights, holidays and at least one 24 hour weekend shift per month.
- Attendance in OB Emergency department (adjacent to L&D): this includes the direct care of patients in the OB ED as the primary provider and supervision/clinical teaching of a rotating “triage team” that may include medical students, OB residents, fellows, CNMs and NPs
- Supervision of an independent CNM team that admits and delivers low-risk patients. Services may include consultations, co-management of laboring patients, assistance at vaginal deliveries, performing cesareans and post operative rounding for that service.
- On-site attendance on L&D that includes serving as back up for the USF labor and delivery teams including cesarean, operative vaginal and spontaneous vaginal deliveries.
- Possible coverage of GYN surgical procedures from ER consults if desired
- Participation in resident didactics, CNM education and quality initiatives as desired.
- No outpatient clinic responsibilities
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- MD or DO degree or equivalent.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Will be required to be licensed by the Florida Board of Medicine and credentialed at Tampa General Hospital before commencement of employment.
- Must be ACOG board certified or active candidate in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Positive factors for consideration include, but are not limited to, at least 2 years of an excellent record of evidence-based clinical care with teaching/supervising experience, or completion of an OB/GYN hospitalist fellowship. Great communications skills and ability to work in a team- based environment required. Academic rank is dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME expense reimbursement
- Full malpractice coverage
About USF Department of OB/GYN:
The department has ACGME-approved fellowships in Gynecologic Oncology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Its Research Division in Reproductive Science, and Gynecologic Oncology has well established and funded lines of basic/translational research. We serve a diverse community of patients from the Tampa Bay region and beyond.
About USF Health: USF Health's mission is to envision and implement the future of health. It is the partnership of the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, the College of Nursing, the College of Public Health, the College of Pharmacy, the School of Biomedical Sciences and the School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences; and the USF Physician's Group. USF is a global research university ranked 34th in federal research expenditures for public universities. For information regarding the USF Health, please visit our website at http://health.usf.edu/index.html
The University of South Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. USF recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status.