ID#: 996842 Hiring Department:
Research Job Type:
The Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies (ICRHPS) at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, in collaboration with other Schools and centers of Tufts University seek a faculty Diversity, Racism, Social Justice, and Health Disparities Researcher
to broaden innovative diversity, racial equity, health disparities scholarship at Tufts through research and teaching. This role will also contribute to synergist programming across Tufts diversity offices, Tufts Medical Center and those of our affiliated health system, Tufts Medicine, and Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI). Tufts provides a supportive academic environment for original research and ample opportunities for collaboration and teaching. Why Join Our Team:
The Diversity, Racism, Social Justice, and Health Disparities Researcher
will join a growing community of faculty across Tufts leading research programs that address key issues relevant to reducing health disparities, including racism and discrimination at the individual and systems levels. This position focuses on increasing the relevance and effectiveness of translational research to improve human health and dismantling systemic racism.
The faculty researcher will be member of the Special and Scientific Staff of the Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization, which has a mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn, and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. The faculty researcher will also have an academic appointment at Tufts University, with the opportunity for joint appointments in relevant Schools and Departments, including, but not limited to, Medicine, Public Health and Community Medicine, Nutrition, Veterinary Medicine, Dental Medicine, Arts and Sciences, and/or Engineering at the appropriate level, depending on the candidate's area of research and academic interests. The faculty researcher will also have an appointment in the Tufts Medicine Center for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), which has a mission to build an inclusive culture where people can thrive, advancing diversity, cultural competence, eliminating structural racism to achieve equity to enable the delivery of unmatched experiences and partner with communities to reduce health disparities. How Your Work Will Transform Care:
Who You Are:
- Advance the science of understanding and addressing diversity, racial, and health equity issues in translational research
- Provide guidance to Tufts CTSI, Tufts University, and the Tufts Medicine Center for DEI on joint initiatives with a focus on organizational culture, strategic planning and management, training and education, and diversifying the clinical and translational workforce
- Collaborate with clinical, health services, and basic science researchers throughout Tufts University and Tufts Medicine
- Teach and mentor potentially at the undergraduate, MS, MPH, resident, fellow, and PhD levels in relevant Tufts University programs, as well as faculty, staff, and diversity educators at Tufts and Tufts Medicine
- Join a group of clinical and translational researchers who cover a wide spectrum of disciplines, the new faculty member will develop their own research program and will have teaching and mentoring opportunities at both the graduate and undergraduate level.
Employees of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization receive:
- Possess a PhD, MD, or an equivalent advanced degree in a clinical, social justice, racial equity, and/or a translational-related research field.
- An individual with interests across the full translational research spectrum, from bench to bedside, to clinical care, to health services, and health policy
- Have a track-record of academic productivity and research interests related to health equity and social determinants of health, the intersection of racism and health, and/or (DEI), and justice in academic medicine.
- Interest in, and experience with, diversity knowledge, curriculum development, and practices, and in fostering a workplace culture of belonging.
- Demonstrated ability, or potential, for securing external NIH funding is required. some graduate-level classroom teaching experience and interest in contributing to DEI programming.
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA; and Tufts University, Boston, Medford, and Grafton, MA campuses How to apply:
You can apply for this position via the apply button located at the top of this listing.
Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Ian McCarthy, Senior Provider Recruiter, at Ian.Mccarthy@tuftsmedicine.org. Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization DEI and Social Responsibility Statement:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality. Tufts University Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Tufts University, founded in 1852, prioritizes quality teaching, highly competitive basic and applied research, and a commitment to active citizenship locally, regionally, and globally. Tufts University also prides itself on creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Current and prospective employees of the University are expected to have, and continuously develop, skill in, and disposition for, positively engaging with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.
Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff and fostering their success when hired. Members of underrepresented groups are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. See the University's Non-Discrimination statement and policy here? https://oeo.tufts.edu/policies-procedures/non-discrimination/