ID#: 1015464 Hiring Department:
Leadership Job Type:
Tufts Medical Center is seeking an academic leader and innovator to serve as Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Medicine. Why join our team:
How you will transform research:
- The Tufts Department of Medicine values compassion, innovation, collegiality, diversity, ethics and caring for each other and our patients.
- You will be a part of a thriving environment for faculty scholarship and research.
- You will be part of the larger Tufts University community with broad opportunities for collaboration with the other Schools (Dental, Nutrition, Veterinary, Engineering and Arts and Sciences) and research institutes.
- Tufts Medical Center and the Department of Medicine strives to be a people-focused organization where the patient is at the center of everything we do. We provide high quality care and foster a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance.
Who you are:
- Work with the Chair, Research Administration and other department leadership in the assessment of new processes and areas for departmental support for research and researchers, including new recruitments, bridge support, and uses of new philanthropic funding.
- Work with and serve as a leader in the development of the joint TUSM/ TMC research institute and joint collaborations
- Develop research collaborations across all Tufts University Schools and Institutes and across Tufts Medicine clinical entities
- Develop your personal research agenda within the division of your discipline and scholarship
- Develop new processes to support resident, fellows in identifying research opportunities and findings resources to support their research growth, including development of a mechanism to support F32 fellow applications.
- Build upon the Junior Faculty Research Forum and mock study section activities to support early career investigators
- Serve as a mentor to investigators of all stages, and build capacity for improving our mentorship
- Participate and grow our career development programs, and funding support to them.
- Serve as attending physician within your clinical area of specialty for clinical investigators
- Committed, nationally- recognized investigator with prior expertise in building an externally funded research portfolio
- A passion for mentoring investigators within and beyond one's area of specific research focus
- Prior experience in personnel oversight, with strong interpersonal skills to lead and inspire a research collaboration and development
- Interest in a meaningful contribution to a new vision for research expansion within the Department.
- We seek a diverse group of faculty to reflect the diverse community of patients served by our institution. We are dedicated to caring for the elderly and underserved with multidisciplinary teams who provide additional resources for vulnerable patient populations.
- Faculty members are actively supported in pursuing collaborative work that spans the academic spectrum across the Tufts Health Sciences campus. Academic rank and compensation will be commensurate with level of experience.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, a principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Tufts Medicine System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. It is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of patient care, advancing knowledge and training students to become future clinicians, scientists and educators drives us forward to quickly turn innovations into pioneering care.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. COVID-19 Policy:
To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment
unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons. Work, Live, and Grow
: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality