ID#: 713369 Hiring Department:
Infectious Disease Job Type:
Tufts Medical Center is seeking to hire a community-based Infectious Disease Physician
to join our expanding team of collaborative physicians.
We encourage you to apply if you're a highly motivated physician who enjoys working in an inclusive, team-based environment in the care of patients with challenging infectious disease issues. Why join our team: We are collaborative, community minded and committed to you.
Our highly respected ID physicians perform office and hospital consultation services including an active outpatient clinic, wound management and HIV care, travel clinic, participate in antimicrobial stewardship and lead our efforts in Infection Control.
As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Disease who is based at our community partner, Melrose Wakefield Healthcare, we want you to have everything you need to thrive and grow. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, supportive administrative services, flexible scheduling, and more. We emphasize work/life balance for all physicians and employees, because quality of life is critical to delivering quality care.
Melrose Wakefield Healthcare and Tufts Medical Center are members of the Tufts Medicine Healthcare System. Patients cared for at Melrose Wakefield Healthcare have access to specialists at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts Children's Hospital for highly specialized care.
Who you are:
- Have a hands-on experience working in both ambulatory and hospital-based settings including inpatient and emergency department consults
- Spearhead Infection Prevention across our campuses and promote sound antimicrobial stewardship
- Be supported by comprehensive and personalized onboarding experiences
- Gain leadership experience and networking opportunities by representing our team to the hospital and engaging with the community
- Train Pharmacy residents
- Receive support from the Infectious Disease Pharmacy team
- Leverage academic ties with Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, bringing together the strengths of academic and community-based care
- Be part of a team culture dedicated to inclusivity, innovation, work/life balance, and collaboration
Work, Live, and Grow
- Board certified or eligible in infectious disease
- Have a desire to build an infection prevention/control program in conjunction with Tufts Medical Center's team
- Have a passion for providing care to patients with complex infectious diseases
- Are a team player who is excited to work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champions world class patient satisfaction and support
: We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Full malpractice coverage from the day you start, including tail coverage
Melrose Wakefield Healthcare Why Tufts Medicine:
Transforming medicine and elevating patient care is at the core of everything we do at Tufts Medicine. Our clinical staff is comprised of dedicated medical professionals, looking to make a difference in the communities they serve. We want our patients to feel at ease knowing they aren't just a case or a number, but a valued member of the Tufts Medicine family. Together we're helping those in need, through comprehensive care that every community deserves. Come be a part of the Tufts Medicine family transcending healthcare for all. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.