ID#: 427514 Hiring Department:
Pathology Job Type:
Tufts Medical Center Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Dermatology is jointly seeking a part-time Dermatopathologist
to join a vibrant, multi-subspecialty team with dual academic appointments. This is an opportunity for a full time position if the candidate is also interested in practicing dermatology or other areas of Surgical Pathology. Why join our team:
The Department of Pathology is accredited by both the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks. The laboratory medicine services encompass the traditional sections of clinical chemistry, hematology, microbiology, and blood bank. We perform over 3 million tests annually and have a growing outreach program.
The Dermatology Department is internationally recognized and at the forefront of subspecialty care for patients coping with diseases of the skin. Subspecialty clinics include a variety of areas such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and eczema, derm-rheum disorders, immunobullous disease, skin cancer, contact dermatitis, hidradenitis suppurativa, vitiligo, hair loss, and laser and cosmetics which creates a diversity of specimens.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected, 400-bed, tertiary care academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Wellforce Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care. Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You'll provide expertise services through sign-out of dermatopathology specimens
- You'll engage in scholarship through collaborative research projects and education of trainees and will be appointed at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, as qualified, in both Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Dermatology.
- You'll develop longitudinal relationships with colleagues and clinicians through clinical conferences, tumor boards and research projects.
- You'll hone your leadership skills through opportunities in driving critical change & process improvements.
- You'll work cross-functionally with various members of our community and stake holders
- You'll join an organization built on collaborative practices and community
Work, Live, and Grow
- BE/BC in Dermatopathology
- Completed either a Dermatology or Anatomic Pathology residency and a Dermatopathology Fellowship
- Passionate and interested in teaching and building a busy clinical practice
- Specific interests may be considered, including opportunity to work remote some days
- Possess an MD (or equivalent), and eligible to obtain a medical license in the State of Massachusetts
- For full time candidates, full time Dermatopathology workload is not offered so candidates would need to supplement with dermatology clinic or other pathology sign out unless interested in a part time role.
: As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.