ID#: 631559 Hiring Department:
Echocardiography Cardiology Job Type:
The Division of Cardiology and the CardioVascular Center (CVC) at Tufts Medical Center in Boston is recruiting for an early-career faculty position focused on echocardiography and general cardiology
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you're a highly motivated physician who enjoys working in a collegial team-based environment and you have expertise in the care of patients with unique and challenging echocardiography issues. Why join our team:
The CVC comprises a dynamic group of physicians involved in vibrant and growing clinical programs across Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery and Interventional Radiology, as well as cutting-edge research. It is a highly collaborative and collegial environment with an emphasis on mentorship and career growth, with multidisciplinary teams providing highly patient-centered care.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Tufts Medicine Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
We are committed to Academics with 453 residents and fellows training in 48 programs. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward with one goal in mind - quickly turning innovative research into pioneering care.
As a member of the Tufts Medicine system, we bring together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care.Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You'll join an outstanding team of echocardiographers imaging complex in-patients and a wide array of out-patients
- You'll partner interventional colleagues on imaging during structural interventional procedures
- You'll care for patients with both out-patient and in-patient clinical service time
Work, Live, and Grow
- BC/BE in Cardiovascular Disease
- Level III training in echocardiography as well as current or anticipated Board Certification in Echocardiography
- Substantial experience with transthoracic and transesophageal echo (including imaging for guidance of interventional procedures, a rapidly growing area), stress echo, and techniques such as strain and 3D echocardiography
- Experience with echocardiographic imaging and guidance of structural interventions is highly desirable
- Additional experience and training in coronary CT angiography would be ideal
- Interest and experience in academics highly desirable, with substantial opportunities for teaching
As an employee of Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization you will receive:
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Academic Appointment through Tufts University School of Medicine
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
- Robust Benefits Package
Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine in Downtown Boston.Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of the Tufts Medicine system. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.