ID#: 927482 Hiring Department:
Maternal Fetal Medicine Job Type:
Full Time Tufts Medical Center
is expanding to support a specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine, with a passion for Research,
to join our team of collaborative physicians and perinatologists.
This opportunity will be predominantly at the main campus in Boston but the division provides care at six satellites each week, with round-the-clock Labor & Delivery coverage, and a large telemedicine program. If desired, protected time to grow your research career may be negotiated.
A robust research infrastructure exists within our Department to further burgeon both a busy clinical and research driven individual to include mentorship, dedicated bench space within our Mother Infant Research Institute (MIRI) , and opportunity within Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) to include Tufts BIRCWH K-Scholar program .Why join our team:
- Highly regarded MFM Program that offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to include perinatal consultations, genetic counseling and prenatal care for patients with high-risk pregnancies.
- A state-of-the-art Prenatal Diagnosis Center offers all current diagnostic procedures, such as routine and targeted sonographic examination, amniocentesis, chronic villus sampling and fetal blood sampling.
- Progressive approach to fetal procedures and operative obstetrics techniques, including cordocentesis, fetal transfusion and fetal shunting-a service not all maternal fetal medicine programs provide.
- The Division is very stable with a good mix of junior and senior faculty with a strong interest in teaching MFM Fellows, Residency and Medical Students.
- Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Tufts Medical Center is the tertiary center for the Tufts Medicine Health System which also includes MelroseWakefield Healthcare and Circle Health (Lowell General Hospital). Tufts is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding
.Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You'll have all the advantage of working at a tertiary care hospital but also spend some time in a community-based site.
- You'll be able to practice full scope high risk obstetrics within a group that uses laborists for most night call.
- You'll provide comprehensive care to our multicultural population
- You'll be provided with an existing patient base
- You'll be a valuable member of the care team alongside physician colleagues and certified genetic counselors
- You'll join and contribute to a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance
- You'll embrace one of our most fundamental values of active engagement within our communities, bringing the strength of academic and community care
Work, Live, and Grow
- Board certified or board eligible in OB/GYN
- Fellowship trained in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Interest in working with a diverse patient population
- In pursuit of an academic career and interested in resident and student teaching, entering at either an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor
- A team player who is excited to work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champion world class patient satisfaction and support
- Eligible for or current medical license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
: We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer a competitive salary with competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and more.
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston and a community-based site within the Tufts Medicine systemWhy Tufts Medicine:
At Tufts Medicine, we bring together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes an evolving health system while providing frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Tufts Medicine takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched experience. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.