ID#: 813945 Hiring Department:
Urogynecology Job Type:
Tufts Medical Center is seeking a Urogynecologist
to join our expanding team of collaborative physicians.
We encourage you to learn more about our opportunity below if you're a highly motivated physician who enjoys working in a collegiate, team-based environment and you garner expertise in the care of patients with unique and challenging urogynecology
issues. Why join our team:
The Tufts Urogynecology program includes two incredibly talented surgeons and one very experienced nurse practitioner who are dedicated to patient care, advancing the field and educating the next generation. Dr. Diego Illanes brings years of experience and a gift for patient care and Dr. Evie Hall, a new graduate, brings a passion for optimizing the patient experience coupled with innovative surgical practices. They are partnering with community practices to meet the demands of the region. The team are leaders in our medical student and residency curriculum and also hold administrative roles at the health system level. They looking for another partner to improve patient access, teach, and expand research and quality endeavors.
Tufts Medical Center is the tertiary center for the Tufts Medicine Health System which also includes the MelroseWakefield Healthcare and Circle Health (Lowell General Hospital). The position will be primarily based at Tufts Medical Center, but all faculty will have significant off-campus clinical activities within the Tufts Medicine system to support our network partners.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Tufts Medicine Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care. Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. How you'll transform patient care:
Who you are:
- You'll join a well-established group with support from nurse practitioners, physician colleagues and clinical nurse navigators
- You'll provide comprehensive patient care to our multicultural, inner-city population, as well as support community-based care at our affiliates in the suburbs of the Greater Boston area
- You'll be provided with an existing patient base
- You'll develop longitudinal relationships with your patients
- You'll have the opportunity to perform robotic and minimally invasive gynecological surgery
- You'll join and contribute to a work environment that is flexible and in-tune with the desires of a modern workforce that values work/life balance
- You'll embrace one of our most fundamental values of active engagement within our communities, bringing the strength of academic and community care
- You'll have the opportunity to teach the next generation.
- Research interest is preferred and supported. The department has dedicated biostatistical and coordinator support.
Work, Live, and Grow
- Board certified or board eligible in OB/GYN and Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Excellent clinical and surgical skills
- Interest in working with a diverse patient population
- In pursuit of an academic career and interested in resident and student teaching, entering at an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor
- Passion for delivering high quality urogynecologic care
- team player who is excited to work cooperatively with a wide range of stakeholders and disciplines to champion world class patient satisfaction and support
- Ability to obtain or current medical license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
: We strive to maintain an inclusive work environment for all our employees. We offer a competitive salary with competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, and more.
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Substantive 401A retirement plan
- CME Funds and Time Away
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy
Tufts Medical Center in downtown Boston and community-based sites within the Tufts Medicine systemWhy Tufts Medicine:
At Tufts Medicine, we bring together exceptional, value-driven providers who are setting a new standard for health care in Massachusetts. Our distributed academic model and highly inclusive culture promotes an evolving health system while providing frictionless care to our patients. Simply stated, Tufts Medicine takes pride in providing the tools and technology it takes for our care teams to provide an unmatched experience.Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility:
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.