Peyton Manning Children s Hospital at Ascension St. Vincent in Evansville is seeking a BE/BC Pediatric Endocrinologist to join our pediatric multi-specialty clinic in Evansville, IN. This position is a unique practice model offering great work life balance in a consultative role with no after hours call responsibilities.
The Pediatric Endocrinology program is part of a Pediatric Subspecialty Clinic at the Center for Children that includes, among others, Gastroenterology, Neurology, Pulmonology, Urology, Hematology, Psychology and Nutrition clinics. Other services available at the Center for Children include a Feeding Disorders Program, a Behavioral Health Clinic, and a Pediatric Therapy Program. The Endocrinology Clinic is covered 4 days/month by a pediatric endocrinologist from Peyton Manning Children s Hospital Indianapolis and a full time NP locally. The clinic has 2 dedicated full-time RNs who provide teaching and support to all endocrinology patients, including inpatient and outpatient education to new patients with diabetes and their families.Two pediatric psychologists are also available to these patients, working closely with the endocrinology care team to provide a multidisciplinary approach to diabetes care by way of an integrated diabetes access clinic. Current physician coverage is provided by the Pediatric Endocrinology team at Peyton Manning Children s Hospital in Indianapolis. Our new physician will be taking over a part time practice with an existing patient base.
- Outpatient clinic practice (no night or weekend call) - inpatient consultations only
- Established Pediatric Specialty Clinic including full-time GI and neurologist, dedicated pediatric registered dietitian and two integrated pediatric psychologists
- 22 bed Pediatric Inpatient Unit with Pediatric Hospitalists; 7 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit with Pediatric Intensivists
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Verification
- 7 bed Emergency Room area dedicated for children with dedicated providers
- 32 Bed NICU with 5 Neonatologists
- Behavioral based outpatient Feeding Program
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Program with pediatric psychologists and LCSWs
- Outpatient Family Navigators to ensure continuity of care
- Ronald McDonald House on campus
Ascension St. Vincent has been dedicated to improving the health of Indiana communities we have been privileged to serve for more than 140 years, with over 20 health ministries serving in central and southern Indiana. Ascension St. Vincent is part of Ascension the largest nonprofit health system in the U.S. and the world s largest Catholic health system whose shared mission is to care for the body, mind and spirit of those we serve.