The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family” made up of faculty, staff, and students.
The Departments of Surgery and Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine, a premier academic medical center with excellence in education, research and patient care, is seeking a full-time Faculty (Open Rank) Gastroenterologist in the Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases to serve as the Executive Director of the USC Digestive Disease Institute. The Executive Director of the Digestive Disease Institute will report to the Executive Committee of the Digestive Disease Institute.
The Executive Director of USC Digestive Health is responsible for leading the development of the clinical plans and strategies for the newly created digestive health service line that reflect the partnerships between gastroenterology/hepatology, foregut surgery, colorectal surgery and hepatobiliary surgery at Keck Medicine at USC, the University of Southern California’s medical enterprise. Keck Medicine’s Digestive Disease Institute combines best-in-class physicians, access to cutting edge research, and state-of-the-art facilities, to provide highly specialized GI and Liver care for our patients.
- Candidate must be an innovative and visionary leader who will work closely with Digestive Health executive committee to develop, implement, and lead the clinical development and expansion of digestive health care at Keck Medicine at USC
- Closely collaborate with the medical center and system leadership in championing operational excellence at the inpatient and ambulatory care settings with a keen eye on patient and provider flow, quality, safety, and the patient experience.
- Works collaboratively with Medical and Surgical Directors within Digestive Health to implement Quality Management programs and monitor quality outcome indicators.
- Ensures Digestive Health operates within Keck of USC standards in terms of:
Human resource and employee relations policies
Institute budgets and financial accountability policies
Accreditation / Regulatory requirements
Standards and policies
- Play a key role in the identification and recruitment of talented physicians to Digestive Health
- Will serve as a key liaison with gastroenterologists throughout the state
- Understands licensure and regulatory requirements and assists the Digestive Health in achieving and maintaining licensure and accreditation.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned by CEO and Executive Board.??
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Currently board-certified in Gastroenterology
- 10+ years of clinical gastroenterology practice
- Appropriate academic qualifications for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor required
- Experience required in developing and leading clinical programs with a strong record of innovative and effective administrative experience
- Ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse academic environment
- Strong record of achievement in patient care, teaching and research
- Must have expertise in general gastroenterology, with experience/interest in advanced therapeutic endoscopy, neurogastroenterology, motility, cancer genetics and hepatology.
- Eligible for licensure in California
The Digestive Disease Institute serves a diverse patient population in both private and public clinical practice, providing unique clinical and research opportunities. We offer a highly competitive salary package with excellent benefits. Compensation and academic rank are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Submit letters of interest and CV via USC’s online faculty recruitment portal