The Las Vegas VA is seeking to hire a Dynamic Endocrinologist Leader to join our team!
Scope of practice of include, but is not limited to:
- Administrative and clinical leadership of the Endocrinology section.
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills that enhances the effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Supervise the Endocrinology staff including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physicians assistants.
- Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement projects, committee assignments, EPRP activities, lean activities, ORYX, HEDIS, SAIL measures, etc.
- Assist the chief of medicine and/or the medical service's administrative officer in dealing with patient complaints, inquiries from the White House, inquiries from Congress, investigations from VA and national investigative bodies, evaluation of tort claim, etc.
- Be responsible for clinic schedules, call schedules, approve leave, FPPEs, OPPEs, evaluation of staff, etc.
- Ability to function within the parameters set by VA with regards to consult management, utilizing order sets in CPRS, documentation in CPRS, and other requirements of the VA's electronic medical record system.
- Ability to function within a large complex organization that requires cooperation with multiple services, including community care, prosthetics service, medical administration, medical records, group medical practice, etc.
- Act as a liaison to other services within the hospital to ensure the smooth operation of the service.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Competitive pay based on training, experience, and local labor market
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health Insurance (Dental & Vision supplemental insurance available)
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility Relocate without loss of benefits, vacation, or pay
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program up to $200,000
To inquire about this position, email your CV to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID; As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.