Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus and Novi Campus is actively seeking a new Chair of OB/GYN.
Ascension Providence Hospital is part of Ascension St. John Providence, a top-tier health care ministry within Ascension Health, the largest Catholic health care system in the United States. Ascension Providence Hospital has been recognized with the following prestigious awards:
• Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades: GRADE A
• Healthgrades 2022 America's Best Hospitals - Top 50 US Hospital
• US News & World Reports 2020-21 Best Hospitals - Top 15 Major Hospital
• Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD PLUS with Honor Roll Elite and Target
• IBM Watson Top 100 hospital - Providence Southfield is part of the 15 Top Major Teaching Hospitals
The Chair of OB/GYN is responsible for the leadership and activities of the Department and Service Line at two sites. The Southfield Campus is located at 16001 W. 9 Mile Road, Southfield, MI and the Novi Campus is located at 47601 Grand River Ave, Novi, MI. Collectively the two campuses comprise of 565 patient beds and serve patients in at least three counties.
This is a highly visible position that reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer and partners with the Nursing leadership for Women's services for the Service Line activities. The role consists of administrative and clinical time.
The Department of OB/GYN includes:
• Over 77 employed and private practice physicians
• Subspecialties in MFM, FPMRS, GYN Oncology, a level 3 NICU and a robust minimally invasive surgery program
• ACGME accredited program with 20 residents
• Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Southeastern Michigan Clinical Campus
• Annual deliveries of 3,932
• Annual surgeries of 3,076
The selected candidate for this position should possess a wide range of skills. These include: the ability to drive change in a complex community-based environment, strong strategic planning skills, leadership skill to bring together diverse private practice and employed physician groups toward a common goal, and a demonstrated track record of leadership accomplishments.
The individual will have an understanding of organizational dynamics and fiscal responsibility, demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with clarity and transparency with diverse groups, and a strong commitment to improving quality and patient safety, clinical care, teaching, and research.
Qualifications for the Chair of OB/GYN are:
• Board certified in OB/GYN
• At least 5 years of progressive physician leadership responsibility;
• Proven track record of building relationships, growing existing programs, and a strategic thinker who can lead the department to the next level
• Demonstrated excellence in patient care, passion for teaching, clinical research, medical administration and leadership