Academic Emergency Psychiatrist Opportunity
Medical College of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin is a private academic medical institution in partnership with Froedtert Health, a seven-hospital system in and around Milwaukee with over 1,700 providers and 40 locations. They are seeking an emergency psychiatrist to join their growing, active department! This position will hold dual appointments in psychiatry and emergency medicine primarily working in the Froedtert Health Emergency Department. Proactively provide care, including risk assessment in collaboration with EM physicians, EM residents, EM social workers, and EM advanced practice providers (APPs) to patients with primary and/or contributory psychiatric complaints. You can look forward to:
- M-F schedule and only 6 weekend calls per year!
- Competitive compensation package of up to $360,000!
- Possibility for telehealth with other facilities within Froedtert network.
- Extensive opportunity for teaching, scholarship/research, and community engagement.
- Join a family-friendly department with a highly collegial work environment which offers great quality of life
- Be part of an expanding team with new clinic and academic space
- Opportunity available to be embedded in one of our sub-specialty clinics
- Collaborate with departmental leaders to set the vision and goals for and evaluation of Emergency Psychiatry.
- Participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System, a public pension program with an 8% retirement match; vested after five years
Big City in Metro Midwest!
- 1.4 million in Milwaukee Metro area and only 1.5 hours away from Chicago!
- Beautiful suburbs of coastal metropolitan on the shores of Lake Michigan
- Ranked "7th Best U.S. City for Physician Pay" by Becker's Healthcare
- A cost of living that is 13% lower than the national average
- Numerous beaches and over 140 parks for all to enjoy
- A "foodie heaven," home to the world's largest music festival, and so much more
- Live in the #1-ranked school district in Wisconsin in 2021 by niche.com!
Reference PSY 9297