Psychiatrist opportunity in Southern, CA
Medical Group Seeking a Board Certified or Eligible Psychiatrist to join the Team
The Division of Psychiatry is seeking a trained Psychiatrist to meet the needs of our growing program on our main medical campus in Southern, CA.
Provide patient-centered care in collaboration with our team of world class, nationally recognized team of medical, psychiatric, surgical, and radiation cancer specialists as we seek to hire a full-time Psychiatrist for our Department of Medicine under the direction of the Chief of Psychiatry.
- Cover only one location at which includes state-of-the-art facilities
- Designated inpatient consultation and outpatient scheduling
- Position will be at the main flagship medical campus right outside of LA
- Division currently includes 3 FTE team members (Psychiatrists)
- Clinical social work team on staff.
- 6 exam rooms with two providers on at one time.
- Generous 90 minute for new patient appointments and 30-45 minute follow up appt. blocks.
- Flexible schedule: 8am-5pm
- APP support as well as fellows.
- 90% of patient panel are cancer patients. Provider must be comfortable with this panel.
- No ER coverage and No Psychiatric holds.
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary and potential for sign-on bonus
- Outstanding benefits including up to 20% of IRS max toward annual retirement contribution *no match requirement
- Academic record consistent with appointment at early assistant or early mid-career Associate Professor level at an ACGME accredited program is a plus but not required
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry required.
- Additional training in geriatrics or adult psychiatry is a plus
- Preferred experience with cancer patients.
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Who We Are:
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 400+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within our established Department of Psychiatry. This medical center is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities. We will be accepting applications through December 2021. This is a timely recruitment, and we will begin interviewing September. If you or anyone is interested, please reach out or respond to this posting as soon as possible and a member of our recruitment team will reach out.