MUSC Health - Florence Medical Center is seeking an experienced BC/BE Neurosurgeon to help grow and expand a new Neurosurgery practice located in Florence, South Carolina. The chosen candidate will provide comprehensive, compassionate care to patients in the Pee Dee Region and beyond. Candidates must have experience performing spinal and cranial surgeries.
About this position:
- Candidates must be Board Certified/Board Eligible
- Experience performing spinal and cranial surgeries required
- Practice in a Level III Trauma Center with an American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center
- Robust support from a dedicated neurosurgery OR team
- 37 ICU beds (13-Bed Surgical/Neuro-ICU) with General Critical Care and Neuro Critical coverage
- Block OR scheduling
- Practice located on hospital campus near OR
We will provide:
- MUSC affiliate faculty appointment, and the resources which accompany an academic medical center, such as access to the MUSC Medical Library
- Employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid Malpractice Coverage
- Opportunity to participate in MUSC Grand Rounds, tumor boards, and other educational activities
- Epic EMR
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Eligible Employer
Florence, South Carolina, is the heart of the Pee Dee region. Founded at the intersection of three railways, what was once a small rail town is now a bustling center of industry, healthcare, education, retail, culture and recreation. There’s something for everyone in Florence, from shopping to fine dining, to live theater, live music events, outdoor recreation and fantastic schools. In Florence, the pace is manageable, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the people are friendly. We think you’ll agree that Florence is a great place to live.
MUSC Health Florence Medical Center is a regional acute care facility comprised of 396 beds, more than 1,500 employees and nearly 250 physicians representing all major specialties dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the citizens of Northeastern South Carolina. We offer acute care, diagnostic services, women’s health, orthopedic services, cancer care, cardiac services, general and laparoscopic surgery, rehabilitation, emergency/trauma care, community health services and more.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), is dedicated to the pursuit of changing what’s possible in health care. Nationally recognized for its innovation, patient and family-centered care, and quality outcomes, this integrated health care system is accessible via its downtown Charleston campus, seven regional medical centers, more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network.
MUSC Health sees more than one million patient encounters annually, and its specialized care teams consistently rank among the best in the country. MUSC Health delivers transformational care shaped by world-class clinicians, health scientists, and educators who provide leading-edge care, while developing the next generation of innovative health care leaders.
At MUSC Health, we empower our providers to transform expertise, learning and discovery into unrivaled patient-centered care, and to demonstrate our values of compassion, teamwork, diversity, accountability and innovation in everything we do.