St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatrist to join our Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic located in Chelsea, Michigan.
The selected candidate will provide psychiatric care to adult patients in the Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic as well as provide medical oversight of therapist cases to whom they are assigned. Our providers also support the Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit through occasional weekend rounds and evening call and may also provide consultation and support to primary and specialty care practices either within the practice setting or through use of telemedicine.
Essential functions of this opportunity include, but are not limited to:
- Functions as an attending physician for patients admitted to the Outpatient Behavioral Health clinic.
- Maintains a caseload and patient schedule consistent with Department standards and expectations.
- Leads and participates in supervision, case reviews, and team meetings with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Completes patient related documentation in accordance with department and hospital policy, in a timely manner, and with content focused on relevant issues.
- Provides education and training to medical students and other health professionals within the department and as agreed upon, hospital-wide.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participates in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Participates in and or supports Departmental patient safety and quality initiatives.
- Treats all patients, families, co-workers, and visitors in a caring and respectful manner, being mindful of individual differences, and cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of, and compliance with, medical staff, hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in meetings and activities as a member of the psychiatry service.
- Seeks opportunities for involvement in Psychiatry Service and hospital-wide initiatives, workgroups, and committees.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduation from a professional school or program generally recognized for its quality of education and which meets the requirements for graduate education necessary for board certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Current and legal licensure in good standing for practice in the State of Michigan and current Federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Registration Certificate and Michigan Board of Pharmacy Controlled Substance License.
- Must be a member of the SJMC Medical Staff in good standing and maintain privileges in Psychiatry.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Psychiatrist to join the Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic at Saint Joseph Mercy Chelsea.
St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea offers a highly competitive salary and generous benefits package to employed physicians including:
- Health, Dental, Vision
ABOUT THE FACILITY
St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea (SJMC), a member of seven-hospital Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, is a not-for-profit hospital established in 1970. Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
Located in Chelsea, Michigan, SJMC is nationally recognized for both quality of care and patient satisfaction by national ranking organization Press Ganey and is accredited by the Joint Commission. SJMC attracts more than 300 physicians in almost all disciplines, with leading edge technology, including the largest and strongest MRI in Michigan. SJMC employs more than 1,050 full and part-time staff members. As a not-for-profit hospital, SJMC reinvests its profits back into the community through programs to serve the poor and uninsured, manage chronic conditions such as diabetes, health education and promotion initiatives, and outreach for the elderly.
St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea has been providing high-quality health care to patients for more than 35 years. We provide excellent doctors, friendly staff, state-of-the-art medical equipment, and a peaceful setting for our patients. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of our communities by combining the best of small town values with national standards of health care excellence.
For more information on St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea, visit http://www.stjoeschelsea.org/
Chelsea, Michigan is a small city in Washtenaw County located just 11 miles west of Ann Arbor and within 30 minutes west of Detroit. Washtenaw County is situated in southeastern Michigan and is comprised of five cities: Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Saline, Chelsea and Milan.
Over the years, Chelsea has evolved into a diverse community, with a mixture of housing, employment and industry, but yet has retained its small town charm and character. The Village of Chelsea was incorporated as a City in 2004 and has retained its individual identity as a unique community. Chelsea is a thriving community and offers plenty of shopping, dining, entertainment, and local activities. In addition, Chelsea is rich in history and offers an excellent place to live, work, and raise a family.
For more information on Chelsea, visit www.city-chelsea.org
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 120 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.