Mount Carmel Health System is seeking a full-time Board Certified or Board Eligible Family Medicine Physician to join our ACGME-accredited Family Medicine Residency Program located in Columbus, Ohio.
Our Family Medicine Residency is an unopposed, community-based program supported by seven core faculty and a team of adjunct faculty. We are a 7-7-7 ACGME approved program providing full-spectrum primary care to patients in our community while educating residents in a supportive educational environment. We welcome applicants who are passionate about Family Medicine and dedicated to training quality physicians while teaching and providing holistic care in an innovative educational environment.
- Emphasis on education and training a strong academic curriculum including simulation modules in our Center for Innovative Learning.
- Emphasis on community outreach state-of-the-art mobile outpatient clinic which rotates among several underserved areas within the city.
- Academic focus with nationally recognized faculty our faculty have clinical appointments at The Ohio State University, the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, and NEOMED.
- Emphasis on scholarly activity, including research and quality improvement projects supported by the Mount Carmel Research Department.
Why Mount Carmel?
- Inpatient and outpatient residency training on the Mount Carmel St. Ann s campus a regional health center in Westerville, Ohio, a vibrant and growing suburb of Columbus. This location provides our Family Medicine residents and faculty with an unopposed learning environment.
- Individual faculty development including advanced training in Academic Medicine is emphasized and supported by Mount Carmel Graduate Medical Education.
- Institutional and program level research support of residents and faculty emphasizing a collaborative approach.
- Recognized nationally as an innovator in resident education with representation on a national graduate medical education committee and the STFM Residency Accreditation Toolkit Task Force, as well as continuing presentations of our innovations at national conferences.
Mount Carmel is a great place to expand your professional career, and Columbus offers a variety of wonderful communities in which to live and raise a family. This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician to join Mount Carmel Health System.
Mount Carmel Health System offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Mount Carmel Health System, comprised of more than 10,000 employees, 2,000 physicians, and 900 volunteers, serves more than a million patients in Central Ohio each year. As one of the largest integrated health systems in the community, Mount Carmel provides people-centered care at four hospitals Mount Carmel East, Mount Carmel Grove City, Mount Carmel St. Ann s and Mount Carmel New Albany an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, free-standing emergency centers, outpatient facilities, surgery centers, urgent care centers, primary care and specialty care physician offices, community outreach sites and homes across the region.
As a health ministry with a charitable mission, Mount Carmel provides considerable uncompensated benefit to the community each year, and the system and its employees are actively involved in vital business, civic and social service organizations. Mount Carmel is a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation.
To find out more about Mount Carmel Health System, visit www.mountcarmelhealth.com
Columbus, Ohio is an exciting young community with an abundance of character. As the country s 14th largest city, Columbus offers big-city amenities with a small-town quality of life, as well as the flavor and excitement of one of the largest universities in the country--The Ohio State University. As Ohio's capital, Columbus is not only a government seat but also a cultural, educational and recreational hub. It provides a bevy of family attractions, a vibrant arts community, world-class entertainment, and college and professional sports, all of which are popular with our physicians, residents and staff.
Columbus has a strong and diverse economy based on education, insurance, banking, fashion, defense, aviation, food, healthcare, energy, steel and technology. In 2009 Business Week named Columbus as the best place in the country to raise a family. In 2008 Forbes Magazine ranked Columbus as the number one up-and-coming tech city in the nation, and Columbus was also ranked as a top ten city by Relocate America in 2010.
For more information about Columbus, please visit these sites:
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Our mission: We, Trinity Health, serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities. We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. Committed to recruiting talented physicians, we are looking for physicians who share our values and want to help us fulfill the health care needs of the communities we serve.
At Trinity Health, we value the physician relationship and focus on partnering with our physicians. Whether you are a practicing physician looking to relocate or a medical resident, we offer opportunities with the flexibility to fit your individual needs. If you would like to be part of Trinity Health, we encourage you to explore this opportunity at www.trinity-health.org.