- Will join an established, highly regarded Bariatric Surgery practice for both outpatient and inpatient/OR settings
- The practice is committed to providing comprehensive bariatric care, coordinating care with behavioral health, nutritional care, medical weight management, and gastroenterology
- We are proud to be the region’s only MBSAQIP accredited Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center
- Department consists of 7 general surgeons and 7 NP/PA’s, including fellowship-trained minimally invasive, hepatobiliary, colorectal, and endocrine surgeons.
- Busy, established practice includes general, robotic, endocrine, colorectal, bariatric, advanced laparoscopic, endoscopy, and colonoscopy. This practice offers a large volume and mix of cases.
- Call is shared equally among surgeons in the group. Hospital has separate teams to cover Acute Care Surgery, trauma, and vascular.
- St. Mary’s Medical Center – a 330-bed tertiary hospital, consistently ranked among America’s Top 100 Hospitals
- Miller-Dwan Medical Center – a 175-bed specialized care facility
- St. Mary’s Hospital Superior-25 beds, critical access hospital
- Resident training program:
- This group trains PGY-2, -4, and -5 Surgical Residents from the University of Minnesota
- Key training site for medical and PA students
- All surgeons in this group participate in training
- Additional practice/organization details:
- Accredited Level I Trauma Center with separate ACS/Trauma/Critical Care surgeons dedicated to supporting the overall trauma program
- Large regional referral center
- ACS Cancer Center on our main campus with close collaboration with General Surgery care team
- Research opportunities available through our trauma program and/or Essentia Health’s Institute of Rural Health
- FTE is flexible (0.6-1.0) and needed due to growth
- The selected candidate will work with both the General and Bariatric Surgery teams, with a majority of bariatric surgery cases/procedures and some general surgery cases/procedures
- BC/BE in General Surgery
- Fellowship in Bariatric and MIS or specialized training in Bariatric Surgery
- Experience in a surgical setting, preferably with surgical office experience and bariatrics
- Candidates should be comfortable with the full spectrum of laparoscopic bariatric surgery procedures (including gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, and revisions)
- Candidates should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team-oriented
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area
- Regional service area 460,000; City of Duluth population: 86,000
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers or contact:
Kailee Deadrick, Physician Recruiter