Saint Joseph Medical Group has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible, Fellowship trained Breast Surgeon to join a growing practice located in Mishawaka, Indiana.
The selected candidate will act as a leader to help build and expand the breast care center. The selected Breast Surgeon will be responsible for evaluating and managing patient diagnosis to help detect, prevent, and treat exclusively breast benign and malignant diseases. The surgeon will conduct surgical and non-operative procedures, with access to the most advanced technology including: interoperative image guidance, ultrasound, 3D Mammography and MRI imaging and biopsy. This opportunity allows a physician to quickly step into an established breast program and help build on delivering excellent patient care.
Job duties include:
- Actively demonstrates the organization s mission and core values and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety, medical information, billing, and coding.
- Provide personal direct medical care services to patients.
- Direct and supervise the medical duties and activities of professional and support personnel.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and review of quality of care standards and activities for services provided through the facility and assures the proper and medically appropriate provision of care to patients.
- As necessary, assist in the development of capital and operating budgets; new employee selection, employee evaluation and corrective action; development and implementation of operational policies and procedures; review and analysis of monthly activity, revenue, payor mix and expense reports; and development and implementation of long and short term practice marketing/operational plans and interim corrective action plans.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate office and hospital medical records and physician referral communication with respect to all patients examined and/or treated.
- Assures and maintains adequate and qualified physician call coverage and its patients during absence or off-duty hours.
- Assures that appropriate quality care is rendered in all patient contacts.
- Participates as an approved physician service provider for Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross-Blue Shield of Indiana, and HMO s and PPO s that are directly related to SJHS-SB and/or SJHS-Ply.
- As needed, provides clinical teaching and supervision of Family Practice Residency physicians rotationally assigned.
- Maintains active membership status on the medical staff of SJHS-SB and/or SJHS-Ply, with full and unrestricted privileges.
- Adheres to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
Interested candidates should be Board Certified or Board Eligible in General Surgery and have completed a Breast Surgery or Surgical Oncology Fellowship program. Candidates must also have a valid and unrestricted State of Indiana medical license and federal and state controlled substance registrations prior to employment.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Breast Surgery physician to be part of a growing practice.
Saint Joseph Medical Group is offering an excellent compensation package for the right candidate including:
- Competitive salary range in line with MGMA standards; based on production and achievement of value driven quality metrics.
- Health/dental/vision/disability/life/retirement benefits.
- Malpractice paid by corporation, including tail.
- 22 days off per year; 7 holidays, 5 days and $3,000 for CME.
- $3,000 per year for professional journals, dues, and memberships.
- Relocation assistance provided in accordance with policy.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Saint Joseph Medical Group is the employed arm of Saint Joseph Health System. The Network includes over 40 practice sites with over 100 primary care and specialist physicians in St. Joseph, Marshall, and Elkhart Counties.
Saint Joseph Health System (SJHS) has been present in Michiana for over 100 years. SJHS is a non-profit, full-service health care system with two hospitals and dozens of specialty and primary care offices. Located in North Central Indiana, SJHS is a regional health care network comprised of a 254-bed acute care hospital in Mishawaka, a 58-bed acute care hospital in Plymouth and 40 provider practices with over 100 primary care providers and specialists in St. Joseph, Marshall and Elkhart counties. Saint Joseph Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
Mishawaka Medical Center offers all private rooms with some of the services including orthopedics, cardiology, obstetrics, and surgery. SJHS provides compassionate, faith-based care with the latest in advanced medical technology in a diverse and team-oriented environment. It offers providers an opportunity to realize personal development as well as fulfill the mission of the health system. SJHS offers a wide variety of programs and care for the communities we serve, and we provide health care for all people from all walks of life.
For more information on Saint Joseph Health System, visit www.sjmed.com.
South Bend & Mishawaka, Indiana located about 80 miles east of Chicago, South Bend & Mishawaka are the two largest cities in North Central Indiana, a region with a population of more than 240,000. Comfortably nestled along the meandering banks of the St. Joseph River, South Bend & Mishawaka are beautiful communities with plenty of history, tradition, and a wealth of cultural, recreational, sporting and entertainment opportunities.
St. Joseph County offers a family-friendly environment and convenient living, with easy regional access to its parks, bike and pedestrian walkways, regional beaches, lakes, and many cultural activities. The South Bend International Airport makes traveling convenient and the South Shore Line train makes daily runs to Chicago for less than the cost of parking. Indianapolis is a three-hour drive south on US-31 and the sand dunes and shores of Lake Michigan are less than an hour's drive away.
Known for the legendary University of Notre Dame, the region boasts several colleges and universities, along with multiple reputable public and private school systems. In addition to plenty of sports and recreation, South Bend & Mishawaka offer a variety of activities and attractions, including museums, wineries and a lively restaurant and night-life scene. In South Bend and Mishawaka, you can experience the benefits of living in a larger city combined with small town warmth and charm.
Both cities enjoy four full seasons of beautiful springs, comfortable summers, colorful autumns and invigorating winters, making it an ideal place to live if you prefer reasonable weather all-year round.
For more information on South Bend & Mishawaka, visit www.exploresouthbend.org.