Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) has an excellent opportunity for a Board Certified physician to serve as the Executive Medical Director - Primary Care in Boise, Idaho.
Appointed and evaluated annually by the SAMG President, the Executive Medical Director (EMD) is the lead provider for their assigned clinics and practices. The EMD will be a clinically active provider within SAMG with an established track record of clinical excellence, credibility, and commitment to Saint Alphonsus Health System and SAMG.
All SAMG providers at the EMD's sites report directly or indirectly to the EMD. The President supports the EMD by lending authority for their administrative tasks.
As a physician-led and accountable leadership body, the SAMG Leadership Council supports the EMD by approving and also lending its authority to the EMD in their administrative tasks. In turn, the EMD will support the policies and initiatives put forth by the Leadership Council and provide feedback to the Leadership Council on group and provider issues.
This is a full-time opportunity and requires a 0.8 FTE (32 hours per week) Administrative commitment.
- Provides direct supervision of providers at designated sites.
- Operationalizes population health principles and practices, to include expansion of SAMG s medical home model, value based care initiatives, and primary care access in accordance with Trinity Medical Group Provider Services MGPS scorecard goals.
- Participates in directorship meetings as appropriate.
- Oversee the mentorship program at the sites that the EMD represents.
- Work with administrative director over EMD's sites in a dyad decision-making relationship. Assists with developing practice budget to achieve organizational objectives. Monitors financial performance; works collaboratively with management to communicate financial results and help identify strategies to address budget variances.
- In collaboration with the President and SAMG non-provider administration, addresses problems involving SAMG and SAHS team dynamics or behaviors to achieve an efficient, consistent, and mutually respectful environment of care at the EMD's site.
- Represents his or her site on SAMG committees as applicable.
- Consistently emulates the SAHS mission and guiding behaviors and expects the same of SAMG providers and associates at the EMD's sites.
- Completes periodic reviews of providers at designated sites and takes actions as necessary based on the reviews.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate provider schedules, PTO and CME policies.
- Serves as a key liaison between SAMG providers and SAMG administration.
- Provides advice concerning provider network development and performance.
- Communicates using multiple methods with the EMD constituency.
- Attends clinic meetings periodically.
- In collaboration with SAMG administration, provides mentorship to the providers at the EMD's sites in matters of leadership, quality, practice assessment, and professionalism.
- In collaboration with the PCMD or FMD, appoints a provider mentor for new SAMG providers.
- The mentor assists in the newly-hired provider s enculturation into SAMG, SAHS, and the community, both medical and at-large.
- The EMD may be the mentor.
V. Recruitment and Retention
- Collaborates in recruitment efforts within EMD's area.
- Communicates proposals to recruit to EMD's constituency to obtain their participation and collaboration.
- When indicated, collaborates in interview planning between candidates and EEMD's constituency.
- May interview a candidate s physician references to gain unique professional insights that otherwise may not be elicited.
VI. Quality and Risk
- In collaboration with the SAMG administration, assures that SAMG and SAHS quality initiatives are implemented on the EMD's sites.
- Participates in SAMG peer review as needed.
- Identifies risk management issues, reports those risks to SAMG administration, EMD and/or SAHS Office of the General Council, or the SAHS Compliance Officer as appropriate.
- In collaboration with SAMG administration, EMD, SAHS Office of the General Council, attempts mitigation of the risk.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Requires all skills, knowledge, education, licensing, certification, experience and essential functions for the appropriate specialty.
- Ambulatory or Medical staff privileges at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Nampa; Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Ontario; or Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Baker City.
- Demonstrated team, performance analysis, presentation, interpersonal, facilitation, planning, and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive rapport with peers, staff and management.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. It is also the region s only ACS verified Level II Trauma Center. Along with Saint Alphonsus Medical Group s 500+ providers at many clinic locations, we serve the full range of the health and wellness needs of our communities. Saint Alphonsus is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic health care system in the nation.
To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit www.saintalphonsus.org.
Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 730,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast's paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit www.cityofboise.org.
ABOUT TRINITY HEALTH
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.