Join A Top-Ranked University in the Recreational Oasis of the Southwest
Banner University Medical Center – Tucson (BUMC-T)
The Advanced Heart Failure and Mechanical Circulatory Support Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Arizona, in partnership with the Banner University Medical Center in Tucson, AZ (BUMC-T) is seeking a BC/BE Invasive Non-Interventional Heart Failure Physician. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-changing, multi-disciplinary environment. Ideally, candidates should have clinical expertise and focus on mechanical support devices and invasive hemodynamics. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a highly respected Advanced Heart Failure program under the direction of an outstanding medical director. BUMC-Tucson is a center for heart transplantation, total artificial heart, and mechanical circulatory support serving a population of over 1.2 million. The successful candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona that is commensurate with their credentials.
- 1.0 FTE
- Average daily patient load 6-10 per half day
- Case/procedure types: Right heart catheterization, endomyocardial biopsies, Cardiomems insertion
- 10 weeks heart failure call (in equal rotation with clinical peers)
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Invasive Non-Interventional Cardiology
- At least 3+ years experience preferred
- Team oriented, adaptable and comfortable working within a community hospital environment
- Strong commitment to patient care
Our Banner Health Total Compensation package includes:
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental, and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind, and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Production Incentives (wRVU), Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME Allowance
- Legal, Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or 401b deferred options, employee perks, and discounts
The soul of the Sonoran Desert. The flavor of the Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and day trip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture, and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population of slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your CV to the Search Committee (c/o Scott Brower) at: firstname.lastname@example.org For immediate consideration. Thank you!
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.