SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is seeking a BE/BC Sleep Medicine physician to join our Division of Sleep Medicine. Candidates must be fellowship trained in Sleep Medicine. Additional details include:
- You will be part of an experienced team of 4 sleep medicine physicians and 5 sleep medicine advanced practitioners
- Full-time position provides outreach clinic services a minimum of one day per week
- 100% Sleep Medicine
- 2 bed sleep unit in Baraboo; access to the 8-bed (expandable to 10) free-standing, hospital affiliated Sleep Center in Fitchburg which offers patients private suites and state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
- Interest in treating pediatric sleep patients desired but not mandatory
- Sleep Center is AASM accredited and has been since 1996
- Built in referral base through SSM Health Dean Medical Group, one of the largest multi-specialty, integrated health delivery systems
- Competitive two-year guarantee, fringe benefits and sign-on bonus offered
The local hospital is SSM Health - St. Clare Hospital, a 100-bed facility. The hospital contracts with Madison Emergency Physicians for 24-hour emergency services. The hospital's primary service area includes the communities of Baraboo, Merrimac, Rock Springs, North Freedom, Lyndon Station, Lake Delton, and Wisconsin Dells, with a population of 38,363. In addition, there are 3.5 million tourists who vacation in our area annually.
The surgical area at St. Clare Hospital has four operating rooms and two endoscopy suites. All surgical services and OB staff are trained in TeamSTEPPS. Block scheduling is done for each physician.
OB RN's are certified on OB Specialty. The OB unit provides inpatient lactation services. The OB Unit was remodeled and expanded in 2006 with 6 LDRP rooms with capacity for 11 patients at any one time. OB/GYN services supports ability to keep high risk OB patients.
There is a radiologist on site from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and there is a remote radiologist reading after hours and weekends. There is a full range of radiology services including ultrasound, mammography, radio graphical fluoroscopy, nuclear medicine, CT and MRI. There is a full lab and pathology services. The hospital also has complete anesthesia services including regional. St Clare Hospital has approximately 251 deliveries and 100 GYN surgeries/year performed with a rapidly growing need in the community for increased services. The Community
Baraboo, a picturesque community of just over 10,000, is nestled in the rolling hills of Sauk County in South Central Wisconsin. It serves as the county seat and is just minutes away from Wisconsin Dells, The Waterpark Capital of the World and scenic Devils Lake State Park. More than 3.5 million visitors enjoy the Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells area each year as part of their vacation or conference travel itinerary. Home to Circus World Museum, the original Winter quarters of the Ringling Bros. Circus, Baraboo provides a charming and friendly small-town atmosphere with unique shopping, lodging and dining. Plus year-round attraction and recreational options like skiing, hiking, biking, water sports, hunting and fishing abound. It's also located just 40 miles north of Madison, Wisconsin's Capitol City.
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information contact:Jody Chellevold
SSM Dean Medical Group, 1808 W. Beltline Hwy, Madison, WI 53713
Physician - State of Work Location