You bring your mind, body, heart, and spirit to your work as a Physician and Leader in OBGYN.
You put your patients first, and are generous with your thoughts and voice because you know your opinion matters.
You love what you do, and value having the support, resources, and advanced technology to practice at the top of your game.
You are energized by the feeling that you belong to something bigger, the people around you arent just colleagues, they feel like an extended family.
Saint Joseph Hospital Graduate Medical Education Program was established in 1949 and has 20 residents and 6 faculty members (in addition to the Program Director). Residents also work with non-employed, volunteer faculty in the hospital and other settings. The program is fully accredited by the ACGME with no citations. Saint Joseph Hospital typically ranks first or second in the state of Colorado for the number of deliveries per year.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days off.
Together, well improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set.
Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
As a Program Director in Obstetrics and Gynecology, youll work with 6 other Physicians to provide top-notch care and patient experience.
- You would practice at our GME OBGYN clinic on the Saint Joseph Hospital campus with deliveries at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver, Colorado
- Your Administrative vs. Clinical responsibilities would be split ~50/50
- Participate in in-house call system
Program Director Responsibilities (summarized):
- Responsible for the administration and directing of the education program for OBGYN residents
- Ensure compliance with ACGME program requirements.
- Responsible for budgeting and expenditure of department funds
- Direct the interview and selection process for new residents
- Administers the operation of the program including resident assessment as well as evaluation of the faculty and of the program
- Ensure that appropriate quality improvement activities take place within the program
- Responsible for the recruitment, supervision, evaluation, and if necessary, termination of faculty and residency support staff
- Oversees research and other scholarly activities of the residents and faculty and personally participates in scholarly activities as appropriate
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Residency trained and Board Certified in OBGYN
- Unrestricted medical license in the state of Colorado, or able to obtain
- DEA, BLS, ACLS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a clinician, administrator, and educator in OBGYN
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Program Director in our OBGYN Residency for our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.