St. Luke s University Health Network is currently accepting applications
for Chairman of Psychiatry.
Nationally recognized St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest and most established health system, is seeking an experienced, driven and collaborative physician to provide strategic vision, leadership and accountability for all aspects of the Psychiatry Service Line, including quality, growth and clinical effectiveness. St. Luke s has recently been ranked as the #1 teaching hospital in the nation by Watson Health, is a recipient of the prestigious 15 Top Health Systems award and is recognized as a 100 Top Hospital for the ninth time.
St. Luke s is looking for a Chair who demonstrates exemplary clinical skills and has excellent leadership abilities. The Chairman of Psychiatry will build upon a growing and dynamic department that has a strong presence throughout the Network. You should have an aptitude for mentoring and staff/provider development, with the ability to develop trust and work cooperatively in a diverse environment.
Candidates must be a physician who is Board-Certified in Psychiatry with an MD or DO and be able to demonstrate clinical, administrative and educational leadership. In addition, candidates must have:
- Candidates should have experience within varied Psychiatric settings, such as Inpatient, Outpatient and Partial Hospital Programs
- an interest in maintaining an active clinical practice, engaging in clinical research and trials, and teaching at our #1 nationally ranked teaching hospital
- a proven track record demonstrating professional excellence in leadership, research, patient care, administration and education
- the ability to lead others in a dynamic and growth-oriented organization that strives for excellence in all areas of operation.
- outstanding communication, relationship building, and mentorship skills.
Psychiatry Service Line Highlights
- Newly opened Adolescent Behavioral Health Inpatient 16 bed Unit at our St. Luke s Easton Campus
- St. Luke s campuses in Lehighton, Allentown and Quakertown offer inpatient behavioral health services for both adults and older adults.
- St. Luke s Psychiatric team has extensive experience using electroconvulsive therapy to safely and effectively treat patients and offers this service on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Together, St. Luke s and Penn Foundation deliver high-quality, integrated, mental health and substance use disorder services. Our merger in July 2021 created the largest, fully-integrated network of behavioral health services in Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals and families in the communities we serve.
- St. Luke s University Health Network has opened a new Level IV Medical Detoxification Unit that is equipped to treat the most complex presentations of substance use disorder and is the only type of medical detoxification unit with the ability to simultaneously manage Substance Use Disorder while treating new or underlying medical conditions.
- SHARE stands for St. Luke s University Health Network Addiction Recovery Engagement and is the first integrated substance use recovery program in the region. The SHARE Program combines the expertise of St. Luke s Psychiatric Associates and St. Luke s Toxicology Group medical toxicologists and psychiatrists, who also are board-certified in addiction medicine, along with licensed psychotherapists certified in advanced alcohol and drug counseling, Certified Recovery Specialists (CRS), and substance use disorder case managers working together to guide people on their recovery journey.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network, you will enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CANDIDATES: COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
As a leading healthcare provider, St. Luke s University Health Network is committed to protecting our employees, patients and community. As we continue to provide quality care to our patients, we are taking important next steps to prevent undue harm to our employees & ensure our patients have a safe environment for medical care and treatment. Effective immediately, St. Luke s is requiring all new hires, along with our current employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be reviewed as per our policy and guidelines.Learn more about the Lehigh Valley & Surrounding Areas visit discoverlehighvalley.com