City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking an exceptional physician leader to join their Irvine CA location and serve as the Chief of Dermatology, within their highly respected Department of Surgery. This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 370+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California.
- Location: City of Hope, Irvine, CA 92618
- Category: MD/DO - Physician
- Effort Profile: 70% clinical & 30% leadership role
- EMR: EPIC
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40hrs/week
- Employment Type: Full time - Permanent
- Job Compensation: Competitive annualized base salary with potential for incentive compensation and sign-on bonus. An excellent benefits package, including a generous retirement plan
- Relocation Assistance: Yes, it is available
- Provide leadership, support quality and safety, lead and maintain clinical excellence and innovation
- Develop clinical, administrative, and clinical research activities for our Dermatology Program
- Oversee an expanding portfolio, including graft vs. host disease (GvHD)
- Treatment of early-stage cutaneous malignancies and cutaneous complications of chemo and biologic therapies
- Oversee a program of research and treatment of cutaneous complications of cancer therapy
- Experience working within an academic medical center or specialty cancer center, that delivers both clinical and translational research to patients diagnosed with cancer.
- Well versed in the state of cancer care and the latest research and innovations.
- Comfortable starting and growing a satellite facility
- Academic record as an appointed Associate Professor or Professor
- Ideal candidate will participate in clinical research and demonstrate a commitment to research as shown by submission of publications and presentations on international and national stages
- Applicants must have an M.D. (Medical Degree), M.D./Ph.D., or equivalent degree
- Board certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- Eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Sunny Southern California:
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo, and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world-class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters
Equal opportunity employer that values diversity, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please contact: Samantha Sturges at Samantha.Sturges@kornferry.com or call/text (904)-483-0795