OMNI is honored to be retained by Kansas City University in their search for a Senior Vice President - Health Affairs. This position will function as the University’s primary ambassador to health care systems, hospitals, community health centers and provider groups throughout the region to coordinate university wide academic, clinical and research efforts with partnering organizations.
Kansas City University (KCU), founded in 1916, is a fully accredited, private not-for-profit health sciences university with Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine, Biosciences, and a developing College of Dental Medicine. The University offers multiple graduate degrees: a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine; a Doctor of Psychology in clinical psychology; a Master of Arts in bioethics; a Master of Science in the biomedical sciences; a Master of Business Administration in partnership with Rockhurst University; a new Master of Public Health in partnership with the University of Nebraska Medical Center; and plans to seat the first doctor of dental medicine students in 2023.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, this position will:
- Develop, manage, and monitor agreements to provide experiences and maintain relationships necessary to support KCU students in all clinical programs offered by the University.
- Frequently travel to partner organizations throughout the region.
- Develop, manage, and maintain business agreements between the University and all partner organizations.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and direction to partner organizations and KCU academic leadership on clinical experiences and outcomes.
- Develop mechanisms for tracking and reporting on clinical partnerships and agreements.
- Providing 1-2 days of practicing in a clinic.
- Demonstrated success developing clinical relationships and educational experiences (to include graduate medical education) with health care organizations.
- Proven success developing business agreements and financial modeling within health care settings.
- Profound experience as a practicing physician and/or clinical executive within a health system or academic medical center preferred.
- Commitment to serve as a clinical and academic leader.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule to meet demands of both the University and partner organizations.
- Occasional travel throughout the region.
We appreciate your suggestions or referrals to professionals who may have an interest in this outstanding opportunity. Please direct all inquiries to:
OMNI Human Resource Management
Anna Robinson, Senior Search Consultant - 913.653.8089
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.