General Cardiology / Advanced Imaging Directorship Opportunity
Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital
Chicago South Suburbs
Northwestern Medicine has an outstanding opportunity for an advanced imaging-trained general cardiologist to drive programmatic change as director of the echocardiography laboratories, while practicing in an academically affiliated, community tertiary care setting. We seek an ACGME-approved fellowship-trained, BE/BC, General/Non-Invasive Cardiologist with additional training in advanced imaging to join the dynamic Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute (BCVI) South Region team at Palos Hospital, located in Chicago’s growing south suburbs.
- Clinical responsibilities of this position include outpatient clinic, inpatient consults, and comprehensive cardiac imaging, with particular emphasis on echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, imaging for structural interventions, and cardiac MRI.
- Leadership responsibilities of this position include driving programmatic growth for structural imaging and cardiac MRI as director of the BCVI South Region echocardiography laboratories.
- Clinic locations may include various South Region locations.
- Employed full-time position with Northwestern Medicine, an academic health system where the patient comes first.
- Thriving multi-specialty physician-driven group that lives the values of our patients first mission, emphasizing quality, communication, and distinction through innovation.
BCVI is a nationally ranked, exceptionally integrated cardiovascular institute spanning the Northwestern Medicine system. BCVI comprises six clinical centers: the Center for Heart Rhythm Disorders, Center for Coronary Disease, Center for Vascular Disease, Center for Valve Disease, Center for Heart Failure, and the Center for Preventive Cardiology. The BCVI South Region team provides comprehensive tertiary care for cardiovascular conditions including structural interventions, while providing quaternary access to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the academic anchor of our network.
Northwestern Medicine is a growing, nationally recognized health system that provides world-class care at 11 hospitals and more than 200 locations in communities across Chicago, the suburbs and Northern Illinois. Together with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, we are pushing boundaries in our research labs, training the next generation of physicians and scientists, and pursuing excellence in patient care. Our vision and values are deeply rooted in the idea that patients come first in all we do. We value building relationships with our patients and their families, listening to their unique needs while providing individualized primary, specialty and hospital-based care. Our recent affiliations and ongoing growth make it possible for us to serve more patients, closer to where they live and work