San Francisco VA Health Care System (SFVAHCS) and University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) are seeking candidates for the Medical Director position of Home-Based Primary Care (HBPC) to lead a diverse interdisciplinary team that provides care to frail and vulnerable veterans in their homes. This is a full-time position based at the San Francisco VA Medical Center.
- The HBPC Medical Director serves as the physician member of the HBPC leadership team and as a primary care provider for veterans enrolled in HBPC.
- As a physician leader, the HBPC Medical Director leads interdisciplinary teams across Northern California in providing high quality, patient-centered, and resource conscious clinical care for older adult veterans with complex chronic diseases and neuropsychiatric illnesses in complex legal and psychosocial environments.
- The Medical Director should be experienced in geriatric medicine and palliative care, dementia care, behavioral health management, rehabilitation, transitions of care, healthcare systems navigation, and quality improvement.
- The HBPC Medical Director is a key member of the HBPC leadership team and collaborates closely with the HBPC Program Director. This physician serves as a member, consultant, collaborator, and contributor to the HBPC interdisciplinary team and program.
- The Medical Director plays a prominent role within the leadership team to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion and to help identify and address the effects of racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, trans-phobia, ableism and other forms of discrimination on the health and well-being of veterans in HBPC and of HBPC staff.
- The SFVAHCS and the UCSF have a strong affiliation. The GPEC service line through this affiliation is known for clinical, educational, and academic excellence in the field of Geriatrics and Palliative Care.
- Medical license or ability to become licensed in the State of California
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Board Certification in Geriatric Medicine preferable
- Competitive pay based on training, experience, and local labor market
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health Insurance (Dental & Vision supplemental insurance available)
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility – Relocate without loss of benefits, vacation, or pay
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP),a student loan payment reimbursement program up to $200,000
As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
To Explore This Physician Opportunity Further