Position Type: Administrative and Central Office
Office Title/Functional Title: Physician (Psychiatrist) - Medical Department, HR Connect (School Medical Inspector) - 16813
Civil Service Title: Not Applicable
Division/Office: Division of Human Resources
Posting End Date: 06/08/2022
POSITION: Physician (Psychiatrist) - Medical Department – HR Connect (School Medical Inspector)
LOCATION: Medical, Leaves & Records Administration
65 Court Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201
- Graduation from an approved medical school or medical college; and
- Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State with present registration under that license; and
SELECTION CRITERIA: Valid New York State Medical License
PREFERRED CRITERIA: Board Certification or Eligibility in Psychiatry
Experience: Must have completed an approved residency in Psychiatry. Additional experience welcomed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Physician must prepare a written report on each examination and /or summary of findings after review of submitted medical documentation. Determinations are rendered for:
- Physical and/or mental fitness to work upon medical examinations or evaluation of submitted medical documentation.
- Mandated Medical Evaluations.
- Line of duty status and duration of absence.
- Paid or unpaid leave requests for medical reasons.
- Disability retirement for employees in the Board of Education Retirement System (BERS).
- Accommodation requests under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Medical Hardship Transfers.
- Ability to perform duties following extended absence.
- Claims for reimbursement of out-of-pocket medical expenses due to line of duty injury.
- Related duties as assigned.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday-Various Work Hours to be determined by MLR Director
SALARY: As per collective bargaining agreement (UFT Contract)
(Internal candidates who are selected for this position and who currently hold comparable or less senior positions within the DOE will not earn less than their current salary.)
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability and/or grant funding.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As of August 2, 2021, all NYC Department of Education new hires (who are not currently employees of the City of New York) must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning their employment unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. More information can be found in Executive Order 75.
DOE Non- Discrimination Policy
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, caregiver status, consumer credit history, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. For more information, please refer to the DOE Non-Discrimination Policy.