The Detroit, MI Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting a full time Radiation Oncologist.
Responsible for clinical and administrative management of initial patient evaluation (inpatient & outpatient consultation); patient simulation, radiation treatment plan and prescription; charting rounds, new patient rounds and image checks; follow up care post treatment and participation on tumor boards.
Preferred qualifications: Board Certified/Eligible Radiation Oncologist and knowledge/exp of Varian/Eclipse TPS, RapidArc TPS, 3DCRT, IGRT, IMRT, VMAT treatment of all sites of malignancies, Stereotactic Radiosurgery & Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy, Electron beam radiation therapy & superficial treatment.
This medical center is a recently-constructed, state-of-the-art 108 bed tertiary care medical, surgical, and psychiatric facility with an 84-bed nursing home care unit, a 50-bed off-site Domiciliary, and two community-based outpatient clinics. We are located in the heart of Detroit's cultural and medical center that includes museums, seven hospitals, and Wayne State University.
Assistance with payment of med school loans up to $200K is available!
- Competitive pay based on training, experience and local labor market
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted active U.S. license
- CME: $1,000/year and 5 days of paid absences for CME courses
- Malpractice: VHA physicians are covered under federal tort laws
- No employment contracts, noncompete clauses, or restrictive covenants
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time; 11 paid federal holidays; 15 days military
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance available w/ affordable premiums
- Life Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility – Relocate without loss of benefits or pay