Orange County California Gastrointestinal Medical Oncologist Physician Opportunity with City of Hope
The Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research at City of Hope NCI-Designated Cancer Center is seeking an experienced medical oncologist specializing in gastrointestinal oncology, with a distinguished national reputation, who will contribute their skills in healthcare system leadership by playing a vital role in the development of our GI Cancer Program for our new cancer center located in Irvine, California. The Irvine campus will include a $1 billion state-of-the-art comprehensive cancer campus. Join our nationally recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation oncology specialists as we seek to hire a full-time clinical leader and program builder. This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 370+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California.
- Join our nationally-recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation oncology specialists as we seek to hire a full-time clinical leader and program builder.
- Provide leadership, support quality and safety, lead and maintain clinical excellence and innovation, and develop clinical, administrative, and clinical research activities for our GI Cancer Program at our new Irvine campus
- Clinical responsibilities to include outpatient and some inpatient treatment with a focus in GI oncology, along with the opportunity to provide optimal treatment outcomes with compassionate, patient-centered care
- 5-10 years of experience as an academic GI medical oncologist with excellent clinical skills and evidence of the ability and desire to build a practice and think programmatically
- Experience working in an academic medical center that delivers both clinical and translational research to patients diagnosed with cancer
- Be well versed in the state of cancer care and the latest research and innovations
- The ideal candidate must participate in clinical research relevant to GI oncology and demonstrate a commitment to research as shown by submission of publications and presentations on international and national stages
- Academic record consistent with appointment as late Assistant or early to mid-career Associate Professor
- Applicants must have an M.D. or M.D./Ph.D. or equivalent degree, fellowship trained, and Board certified/eligible
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Sunny Southern California.
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS.
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy the miles of pristine beaches including Santa Monica and Malibu
- Home to UCLA, USC, CIT, and many other world class Universities and Colleges.
- LA is truly an international city boasting endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, festivals, and theatres
If living and working in the sunshine in one of the most vibrant cities in the world (IRVINE) excites you, please email or call Samantha Sturges immediately at Samantha.Sturges@kornferry.com or (904)-483-0795.