Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. As a Program Medical Director with Sound Critical Care, you will develop, lead, and mentor your team; developing policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
We are looking for an ICU Program Medical Director to lead our newest Intensivist program in San Bernardino County!
St. Mary is a 206-bed not-for-profit facility with a medical staff of 300 physicians in a variety of specialties, including pediatrics, oncology, cardiology, family, internal medicine, and obstetrics. St. Mary is committed to providing the best health care possible for its patients and offers accredited educational programs, the latest technology, and compassionate care.
- Team of 2 physicians
- 20-bed ICU
- EPIC EMR
- Schedule: 7 on 7 off Schedule: 1 Intensivist 7a-7p (no call or nights!)
- Partnership with Loma Linda cardiology group to enhance heart care in the High Desert
- Primary stroke center & STEMI receiving center
Education, Training & Experience Required
The Critical Care Program Medical Director will oversee a team of experienced critical care physicians and advanced practice providers. You will practice clinically in addition to administrative responsibilities and should have at least five years of leadership experience in a large ICU.
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine with 3+ years of experience
- ICU Medical Director experience preferred
- J1 and H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Apple Valley, California is located in the county of San Bernardino, 53 miles to Rancho Cucamonga, 95 miles northeast of Los Angeles, and 140 miles north of San Diego. The Town of Apple Valley is located in the heart of the Victor Valley and is home to 73,000 residents. The area experiences 350 days of sunshine per year and has an abundance of recreational activities with a nationally recognized hands-on public school system model in addition to private schools that offer a distinguished award-winning curriculum.