Sawtooth Epidemiology & Infectious Diseases is seeking two Infectious Disease Physicians to join our team of seven physician servicing the Treasure Valley. As the only adult infectious disease providers in the area, we are an independent, established group that serve patients with acute and chronic complex infectious, provide in-office antibiotic infusion therapy, and antimicrobial stewardship and infection control leadership.
The Treasure Valley spans a 30-mile corridor between Boise and Caldwell, nestled between the Foothills of the Owyhee and Rocky Mountains with a population of roughly 750,000 and includes seven towns. Known as the “City of Trees”, Boise has both a diverse cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. Skiing, biking, rafting, hiking are complemented by fine dining, theatre, music and college and semi-professional sports teams.
- Full-time opportunity with inpatient consultations and outpatient clinic
- Competitive compensation package with options for sign-on bonus, loan repayment stipend, relocation support and partnership track
- Benefits: Medical, dental vision, life, CME, retirement and malpractice insurance
- Opportunities available in Boise, Meridian, Nampa, and Caldwell
- Board Eligible/Certified in Infectious Disease
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Successful completion of a US Residency and ID Fellowship
- Licensure to practice in State of Idaho
- DEA, NPI, & State Pharmacy License
- Physician-led, independent, locally owned practice.
- Diverse position including diagnosis of acute & complex infections, hospital and office consultations, infusion services limited to our OPAT patients, Infection Prevention and Antibiotic Stewardship.
- Part of a strong medical community. Hospitals in our area are tertiary referral centers and include a Level II Trauma Center and Bone Marrow Transplant program.
- Caring for a large catchment area including Idaho, Eastern Oregon, and Northern Nevada. Boise is the most remote capital city in the country.
- Aligned with multiple, local hospital systems in mutually beneficial relationships. This truly allows us to care for our entire community.
- Participating in Value Based Care and Accountable Care Organizations and consistently performing well with operational metrics.
- Partnered with the community Ryan White Clinic to assist in management of complex HIV cases.
- Established and has a strong practice support system including a seasoned practice administrator, a case manager who coordinates the transition of hospital or clinics to OPAT as needed, and two APPs who support the physicians.
- Providing opportunities to teach and mentor medical students and residents from local programs.
- Committed to allowing our physicians to enjoy a work life balance. Current call is no more frequent than every 7th weekend.
- Striving for job satisfaction and retention. Our goal is to have physicians retire from our practice.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Sawtooth Epidemiology & Infectious Diseases was named for the Sawtooth Mountain Range in Central Idaho. Our physicians have been serving our communities since 1990. This longevity has allowed us to be an integral part of the growth of our community, and the Treasure Valley is one of the fastest growing communities in the country. At Sawtooth, we believe in Population Health as it spans from the individual patient to our entire community.
Idaho Fun Facts
- One of the fastest growing communities in the country
- Four distinct seasons
- 206 sunny days per year, low to no humidity
- 761,680 people in Treasure Valley
- Located between high desert and wilderness:
- Hiking Biking Skiing Snowmobiling
- Rafting Kayaking Boating Climbing
- Camping Hunting Fishing
- More rivers by mileage than any other state
- Over190 miles of interconnected trails in the foothills
- 25 milesof the Boise River Greenbelt
- Bogus Basin Ski Resort is 16 milesfrom Boise
- And if you need more proof:
- Top 10 “Best State to Practice Medicine” – Medscape 2021
- #4 Best State To Live – Forbes 2021
- Top Ten “Most Outdoorsy” states – InMyArea.com 2021
- Top 10 “Best Places to Retire” –Yahoo Finance 2020