Physician - Pediatrics
Ascension Medical Group is seeking a pediatrician colleague for a full-time position with clinical and academic responsibilities in the Chicago Metro region. Unique opportunity teaching residents along with creating a pediatric practice in Lincoln Park Chicago.
The pediatrician should be able to care for patients ranging in age from birth through adolescence, in an ethnically and medically diverse population. This includes primary care for the local community, including children with complex medical conditions, unique social situations and our resident continuity clinic.
Practice primary care at the Laboure Clinic on campus of Saint Joseph Hospital as well as attending precepting hours at our Family Medicine residency clinic in Lincoln Park.
Clinical responsibilities involve weekday, evening, weekend and holiday hours as well as overnight telephone advice call for parents rotated 1:3. Inpatient responsibilities include attending in the mother-baby unit (level 3 nursery).
Board certified/board eligible in pediatric medicine
Illinois physician medical license and Illinois controlled substance license
Authorized to work in the US
- Experience in pediatric preventive health care, the care of patients with chronic health problems, acute pediatric care and inpatient nursery.
- Experience supervising residents and medical students in an academic or community setting.
- NRP Certification
- PALS Certification
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and prior work with diverse communities.
Ascension Saint Joseph Chicago overlooks beautiful Lake Michigan, our academic hospital has 338 beds and hosts several nationally recognized centers, including the Chicago Institute of Advanced Bariatrics, the Mark M. Connolly Center for Cancer and Specialty Care and the Diamond Headache Clinic.
- Highly Competitive Compensation Package
- Exceptional Benefits including Paid Time Off, Paid CME time and funds
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Long-term disability, Malpractice Insurance, and Retirement package
Ascension Illinois is one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 acute-care hospitals, four specialty hospitals and more than 230 clinics and outpatient facilities, including 18 immediate care centers. Ten Ascension Illinois hospitals have been awarded “A” grades on the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade list, which recognizes Ascension Illinois' successful efforts in providing safer patient care.