Job Description & Requirements
Senior Hematopathologist in California
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) is seeking a senior hematopathologist to work in highly desirable Orange County, California. The successful candidate will work for the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine alongside nationally renowned hematologist oncologists and scientists in an NCI-designated cancer center. This exciting opportunity lets someone collaborate as part of this research-focused cluster hire in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and cell therapy involving multiple faculty recruitments. Candidates with management experience will be considered for available leadership positions in the department.
For qualified candidates, vice chair roles in Pathology and associate director roles in the Cancer Center may be available.Opportunity Highlights
Community Information—Live and Work in Orange County, California!
- 100% subspecialized hematopathology focus
- Academic appointment with research opportunities
- Work with nationally renowned medical professionals
- Collaborate with the NCI-designated Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cancer Research Institute, Center for Complex Biological Systems, and the Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center
- Excellent benefits, including a pension and 24 paid days off per year
- Contribute to graduate training programs in biomedical sciences
- Collaborate as part of this research-focused cluster hire in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and cell therapy
Orange County offers various activities and lifestyles perfect for families and individuals alike. Whether you’re seeking exciting adventure in the beautiful surroundings or peace and relaxation, you’ll enjoy an incomparable quality of life in this sought-after location in Southern California.
- Live downtown, near the beach, or in community-oriented suburbs
- Irvine named the “Safest City of its Size” for the 16th consecutive year
- Irvine park system ranked 7th in the nation (Trust for Public Land)
- Irvine ranked the 3rd Best City to Raise a Family (WalletHub)
- Some of the top public and private schools in the state
- Filled with cultural diversity, world-class shopping and dining, and entertainment options
- Ideal weather and consistent sunshine year-round, allowing for an abundance of outdoor recreation, including plenty of beach activities
- Plenty of nearby family-friendly attractions, such as Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm
- Close to LA, including Universal Studios and Hollywood
- Many local collegiate and professional sports teams
#LI-MHAAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Hematology Pathology, Hematopathology,Hematopathologist, Hematology, Haematology, Blood Pathology, Bone Marrow, Lymph, Pathology Lab, Pathology, Laboratory, Cytologic, Pathology, Healthcare, Health Care, Medical, Medical Technology, Patient Care