As the Chief of Emergency Medicine at Saint Vincent Hospital, you will be responsible for collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. You will serve as a leader both within the emergency department, and as a leader within the organization. Through our model of shared ownership, you will influence on broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local EM groups.
Prior experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Oversee the operations of the ED in collaboration with nursing leadership and hospital administration
- Supervise the EM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the ED in the community and within the hospital medical staff
- ED Volume: 53,000
- New 39-bed ED provides for a highly functioning department
- The modern and well-equipped department includes two ultrasound machines, two types of video laryngoscopes
- The hospital provides full diagnostic and lab capabilities including CT, open MRI and ultrasound
- Among the most experienced nursing staff in the region
- Active in EMS, Saint Vincent’s emergency department provides a medical command to multiple services and offers education and training to local providers
- For stroke care, Saint Vincent Hospital collaborates with Allegheny General Teleneurology and serves as a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center
- EPIC EMR
- 348-bed, urban facility
- Founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph in 1875
- Erie’s first hospital
- Full-service, mission-driven tertiary care and teaching hospital with strong commitment to quality
- Integrated health system as part of Allegheny Health Network
- Saint Vincent is a member of the community and continues to provide a continuum of services to fit the health care needs of the region.
- Residencies in emergency medicine, ENT, family medicine, internal medicine, and orthopedics; fellowship in sports medicine
- Saint Vincent has been nationally recognized for quality, including a Top 10% hospital for patient safety in Overall Surgical Care, Cancer Care, Cardiac Care and Joint Replacement from CareChex by Quantros.
Erie is a beautiful, medium-sized city situated on the south central shores of Lake Erie. Erie lies between Cleveland, OH, Buffalo, NY and Pittsburgh, PA, and was recently ranked among the nation's most livable communities.
There are a number of beautiful, established suburban and urban communities including lakeside developments and tree-lined streets with Victorian homes proximate to excellent public and private schools. Abundant recreational options include arts and culture (Erie Philharmonic, Erie Art Museum, and several theatre companies), semi-pro and professional sports (Seawolves baseball, Otters -Ontario Hockey League, BayHawks NBA development team to name a few) plus collegiate sports from Gannon University, Mercyhurst College, Edinboro University and Penn State-Behrend. There is also a local NASCAR track. Outdoor recreation includes Presque Isle State Park beaches, the Seaway Trail along the lakefront, and a variety of ski resorts.
The region is also famous for growing grapes and produces the third-largest amount of wine in the United States. The Erie International Airport provides many daily flights and connections for convenient travel.
Saint Vincent Hospital
232 West 25th St.
Erie, PA 16544 view map