As an OB Hospitalist with USACS, you’ll be part of a team unique in today’s industry. You will work in a variety of different roles which is centered around the very best patient care. We are looking for individuals with a passion for OB Hospitalist Medicine who are interested in joining our model of physician ownership and integrated acute care. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model emphasizing quality, long-term wealth building and a culture of shared ownership. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local groups.
- Schedule/hours: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Medical Setting: Inpatient
- Volume: 1-2 deliveries per day, 1-2 inpatients per day
- Procedures: Deliveries, C-sections, D&Cs, Ectopic pregnancies
- Support Staff: Back up OB Hospitalist on call, same floor 8-bed intermediate level II NICU
- EMR: Cerner
- Mercy Medical Center Merced (MMCM) provides the opportunity to teach in the Family Practice Residency Program.
- High acuity clinical practice
- Scribe Coverage 24/7
- On-call services: All major specialties covered including GI and Cardiology 24/7
- Cerner EMR System with Dragon dictation
- Newly built Common Spirit Heart state-of-the-art facility
Merced is located in the heart of California’s agricultural Central Valley. It’s a dynamic, mid-size community, with a friendly small-town atmosphere. UC Merced provides new educational and economic opportunities to the already-established growth of the region. Merced’s population is youthful, diverse and includes an affordable housing market just several hours from San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, Yosemite and California’s famed wine country.
Also, Merced is home of the newest University of California campus, with plans for a medical school to be built in the future.Emergency Department
- ED Volume: 59,000
- 26- bed emergency department
- 55 hours of physician coverage daily
- 50 hours of APP coverage
- 9-hour shifts
- Double coverage
- High Acuity ER: 60% of patients are handled in triage
Mercy Medical Center Merced
333 Mercy Ave.
Merced, CA 95340 view map