As a Hospitalist Medical Director with USACS, you’ll be responsible for managing hospitalist medicine services by collaborating with the hospital and nursing leadership while offering support to your physician staff. As a leader for both the hospital and US Acute Care Solutions, you will influence broad company decisions and help facilitate the development of new leaders.
With USACS, you'll be part of a team unique in today's industry. USACS provides physicians with ownership, unparalleled benefits, and the opportunity to practice within a values-based model that emphasizes quality. USACS physicians enjoy the security and resources of a large, national group without sacrificing the advantages typically found in local physician groups.
- Oversee hospitalist service operations
- Supervise HM staff, per the bylaws, policies and procedures of the institution
- Represent the staff in the community and within the hospital
- Average Daily Encounters: 10-15
- 24-hour shifts (8 hours in house/16 hours on-call)
- Admit and round in the ICU 1-2 patients per day – critical patients transferred out to Redding
- There is no board certification requirement to be considered for this position
- 25-bed critical access hospital
- Cerner EMR System
The City of Mt. Shasta, nestled at the foot of imposing 14,179-foot Mount Shasta, is surrounded by natural beauty and offers many year-round outdoor activities. The mountain is the second highest volcano in the continental United States and has been a prominent landmark along the historic Siskiyou Trail - the track of an ancient trade and travel route of Native American footpaths between California's Central Valley and the Pacific Northwest.Emergency Department
Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta
914 Pine St.
Mount Shasta, CA 96067 view map