Medical Group Seeks a Medical Oncologist to Join Our Glendale, CA location
This Top-rated NCI facility, Glendale provides the community with unparalleled care and innovative cancer treatments closer to home. The Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research at a National Medical Center is seeking a full-time medical oncologist with experience in diagnosing and treating malignancies and hematology, to join our established practice.
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 500+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California. We are an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
Join our nationally recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation oncology specialists as we seek to hire a full-time medical oncologist for our Glendale Network site.
- The Glendale practice currently includes one medical oncologist and one physician assistant
- Effort allocation: 95% Clinical with potential for involvement in clinical trials
- Cover only one location with room for growth
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary, potential for incentive compensation, and benefits including a generous retirement package
- 2022 fellows mid-career candidates
- Preference is for a candidate who can do both Hematology and Oncology
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
- ABIM board eligibility/certification in Medical Oncology
Who We Are:
We are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research, and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, we are one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. We have been ranked among the nation s Best Hospitals in cancer by U.S. News and World Report for 14 consecutive years. A leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, we have built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 30 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, our system began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers, and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better, and more fully.
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."
Sunny Southern California
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Huntington, Laguna, Newport, and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world-class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, and theaters