The Kellogg Cancer Center of NorthShore University Health System and Division of Hematology/Oncology, the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, is in search of a physician with extensive clinical experience in solid tumor oncology (ideally lung cancer) and expertise in immunotherapy to oversee clinical programs, clinical and translational research, and lay the groundwork for implementation of programs outside of cancer. Must be board certified in Medical Oncology.
- Oversee well-funded clinical programs, clinical and translational research, and lay the groundwork for implementation of programs outside of cancer
- Provide quality patient care within a highly successful, groundbreaking organization known for being the premier cancer care program
- Oversee lung cancer research including clinical trials development and implementation, and translational research utilizing their extensive biorepository, annotated database and structured clinical documentation notes
- Collaboration with molecular pathology, personalized medicine, NorthShore Research Institute, Genomic Health Initiative, and other programs
- Academic appointment to the University of Chicago
- On-site clinical molecular pathology laboratory
- Access to an extensive network of services to help deliver the best in patient care ( nearly 3000 physicians practicing in more than 130 offices throughout Chicago's northern suburbs)
- Modern, fully integrated healthcare system that includes six hospitals - Evanston Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital, Highland Park Hospital, Skokie Hospital, Swedish Hospital and Northwest Community Hospital
- Five years experience leading and/or developing aspects of an immunotherapy and lung cancer research program
- Understanding of key aspects to successfully with pathology to implement appropriate clinical laboratory assays and with a background or clear knowledge of key aspects of translational research.
- Prior experience and success in obtaining external funding and comfort in seeking pharmaceutical industry relationships for clinical research in immunotherapy and lung cancer is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be board certified in Medical Oncology.
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly-favorable compensation plan
- Generous stipend (in addition to clinical earnings)
- Medical, dental & vision plans
- Retirement - including 403(b) & Income Deferral Plan
- Tuition reimbursement for spouse, partner and dependents
- Ample paid time off & paid holidays
- Professional & clinical development programs
About Kellogg Cancer Center & NorthShore
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) as a premier medical provider for practicing the highest standards for quality cancer care.
- Accredited by The Commission on Cancer as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program
- Ranked as one of the Most Wired hospital systems and "Top 15 Teaching Hospital" in the U.S.
NorthShore is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system with six hospitals and more than 2,400 affiliated physicians, including 975 members of the NorthShore University Medical Group with more than 140 practice locations. The new Division Head will enjoy NorthShore s strong administrative support, agile implementation of initiatives and excellent clinical partners across the system.
Chicago s northern suburbs are ideally situated along and near Lake Michigan, just minutes from downtown Chicago. These welcoming communities boast outstanding schools, low crime rates, diverse housing options, award-winning cycling and walking paths, and numerous recreational activities for the whole family.
NorthShore offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a highly collegial work atmosphere, and an opportunity to practice with a world-class, interdisciplinary team of dedicated medical professionals We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates may submit a CV by contacting:
Shawn A. Watzka
EEOC: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor