The Department of Neurosurgery at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State College of Medicine is seeking candidates for a Fulltime Medical Neuro-Oncologist. The preferred candidate would be an experienced, mid-career physician with aspirations to lead a medical neuro-oncology program.
- Join highly ranked Neurosurgery program known for outstanding clinical care, innovative research, collaborative faculty, and established neurosurgical residency and fellowship training programs.
- Position is within the Division of Neuro-Oncology and Skull Base Surgery in the Department of Neurosurgery.
- The Division includes three fellowship trained neuro-oncology and skull base surgeons and three medical neuro-oncologists, as well as a dedicated clinical cancer nurse and APP. Excellent support services/departments including dedicated Neuropathology, Neuroradiology, Neuro-ophthalmology, Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology.
- Unique opportunities for truly multidisciplinary patient care and collaborative research in basic, translational, and clinical science.
- Benefits Include: Vacation time, 10 days of CME, 401k match up to 10%
- MD, MD/PhD, DO or equivalent degree
- BC/BE Neurology or Oncology with completion of a Neuro-Oncology fellowship
- A track record of academic productivity and clinical excellence is required
- The area offers excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Central PA offers vibrant urban areas surrounded by small town rural/suburban communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, farmers markets and fine dining.
- For the outdoor enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking - Appalachian Trail and many other trails, biking, boating/rowing - Susquehanna River, skiing, and hunting - surrounded by state game lands.
- Located within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.