Be a part of a growing Behavioral Health program as the Medical Director at The Queen's Medical Center. This is an opportunity to be a catalyst within the largest Psychiatry group in the state of Hawai'i that is academically affiliated with the University of Hawaii's John A. Burn's School of Medicine. In this role, you will establish the standards of medical and professional care and will be responsible for the development of a comprehensive Psychiatric program with a focus on academic excellence. Get in at the ground floor of a developing program and enjoy excellent quality of life in the capital city of Hawai'i, Honolulu.
- 0.5 FTE Inpatient Clinical and 0.5 FTE Administrative/Academic
- Guaranteed salary and generous incentive
- Relocation assistance
- Mentors and supports the careers of other psychiatrists
- Provides oversight of quality for Psychiatry program
- Develop collaborative relationships and linkages with key Medical Center Service Lines
- Support the teaching of students, residents, and unit staff in Behavioral Health Services
- MD or DO degree and board certification or eligible in Psychiatry required
- 3-5 years of Academic leadership experience preferred
- Fellowship trained in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry preferred
Where You'll Work
At the foot of Punchbowl Crater in downtown Honolulu, The Queen's Medical Center is the largest private nonprofit hospital in Hawai'i. Founded in 1859, this 575-bed Magnet-recognized medical center has a dedicated residency training program, is a major specialty referral center and is home to the state's only organ transplant program. Queen's Medical is a Level I Trauma Center, with a legacy of providing compassionate care to residents and visitors alike.
Where You'll Live
As Hawai'i's cosmopolitan capital city, Honolulu is home to historic landmarks, an innovative food scene and the famous Waikiki Beach. Located on O'ahu, Hawai'i's third-largest island, Honolulu stretches across the island's southeastern shores and is a tourist favorite, thanks to its natural, scenic beauty and easy access to waterfalls and hiking trails. Waikiki is known for its world-class shopping, exciting nightlife and cultural centers, making Honolulu a great place to live and work.
Who You'll Work For
The Queen's Health Systems is a nonprofit healthcare organization with a network of facilities that serve Hawai'i and the Pacific Basin. As Hawai'i's leading healthcare establishment, the statewide network has more than 8,000 employees and more than 1,500 affiliated physicians and providers. Its mission is to provide quality healthcare services to improve the well-being of Native Hawaiians and all the people of Hawai'i.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 18661