Schweiger Dermatology Group is seeking full-time board-certified dermapathologist to join our growing team. This is an exceptional opportunity to join the largest and fastest growing group dermatology practice in the Northeast with over 90 offices and in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. Schweiger Dermatology Group’s mission is to deliver The Ultimate Patient Experience. This means not only providing high quality dermatology care, but also focusing on the patient’s experience by delivering short wait times in modern offices, convenient appointment times and easy access to a provider. Schweiger Dermatology Group offers both medical and cosmetic dermatology services to over 1,000,000 patients annually.
- Highly competitive compensation model
- Comprehensive health benefits, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Experienced leadership and support staff
- Access to many of the nation's top dermatologist
- Flexible, supportive work environment
- Access to the latest technologies and equipment
- Recognition and rewards programs
COVID-19 vaccination required
- Interpretates of dermatopathology related tissue biopsies, resections, and frozen sections (where applicable).
- Provides accurate and timely diagnosis of the presence and stage of disease from a tissue specimen, utilizing appropriate laboratory procedures. Confers with other physicians as needed.
- Knowledge and able to recommend clinically advanced diagnostic testing such as molecular and genetic studies.
- Assigns appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and ICD-9 codes for the services provided and the diagnosis rendered, following coding guidelines and company coding policies.
- Participate/coordinates activities of QC/QA/QI to ensure quality care and evaluates the effectiveness of quality assurance policies and procedures to enhance standards and excellence of service in the laboratory and Company.
- Manages medical, associate, and financial resources. Provides others with the support necessary to successfully accomplish daily activities while monitoring and controlling costs.
- Provides educational services, conferences, and instruction where required.
- MD or DO
- Board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology or dermatology.
- Subspecialty dermatopathology fellowship with an accredited program.
- 2-3 years post residency experience desired.
Physical And Mental Requirements
- Ability to spend consecutive hours with continued focus, interpreting tissues and cellular preparations through a microscope.
- Ability to perform all job functions visually, audibly, and physically.
Technical Training or Professional Licensing
- Must hold valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state where practice is located or be eligible to obtain licensure.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of laboratory operations.
- Ability to communicate with decision makers in the laboratory and Company.