Innovate, Cultivate, and Heal with UArizona and Banner Health
In partnership with Banner University Medical Center Tucson, the University of Arizona Department of Urology is expanding and actively interviewing Physician-Scientist candidates specializing in Urologic Oncology to join our growing faculty.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about leading prostate cancer research integrated within our strong clinical program. Interested individuals will bring a foundation of research, publications, grants, experience in clinical trials, balanced with strong clinical capabilities in the treatment of prostate cancer, renal cell carcinoma, and/or bladder cancer treatment. Procedures include robotic or open surgical experience for prostatectomy, partial nephrectomy, radical cystectomy, testis cancer, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection, and advanced renal cell carcinoma, including IVC thrombus treatment. A track record of academic scholarly experience is optimal as the candidate will be involved actively in championing the Department of Urology's research and academic mission. This selected individual will be considered for a University of Arizona College of Medicine appointment as an Associate Professor or Professor commensurate with experience and achievements. Candidate will also be considered a member of the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
- Established team of 23 members: 8 faculty, 5 advanced practice clinicians, 10 residents, research coordinator, and allied health members
- Daily Patient Average: 20-25
- Flexible Schedule with high quality of life
- Clinical responsibilities: OP clinic, IP rounding, OR cases, Shared Call Coverage
- Academic research time provided DOE
- Teaching and mentoring students, residents, and future fellows
- 0 FTE
- Eligible for an Arizona Medical License
- Board Certified by the American Board of Urology
- Fellowship-Trained in Urologic Oncology
- Desire to work in an academic setting
- Desire to join the region’s leading team in providing urologic clinical care
Banner University Medical Center Tucson:
- Features a new state-of-the-art 15,000 square-foot Urology Clinic featuring 16 exam rooms, 6 procedure rooms with digital cystoscopes, and 2 Urodynamic rooms
- Banner University Medical Center Tucson is the region’s Level 1 Trauma Center, touting a new 670,000 square-foot hospital tower, with 24 new operating rooms, and 649 licensed beds
- Renowned for excellence in patient care, biomedical research, teaching, and community service
- Located in the heart of Tucson, Arizona, hosting more than a million patient visits annually in and around Tucson
Banner University Medical Group offers excellent compensation plus incentives, paid malpractice, paid CME plus allowance, and outstanding benefits that provide security for you and your family.
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your cover message and CV to Dr. Benjamin Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org and Scott Brower at email@example.com
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.