Atlantic Health System, one of New Jersey's largest non-profit healthcare systems, is seeking an additional Bariatric Surgeon to join a growing practice in Springfield, NJ! This role is ideal for an ambitious and skilled bariatric surgeon to join a well-established surgical group with a robust staff and an outpatient location in Springfield NJ, affiliated with Overlook Medical Center.
The Atlantic Health Weight & Wellness Center consists of a dynamic bariatric team who are highly-trained in formulating the most effective medical and surgical plan to help patients achieve long-term weight loss. We offer the unparalleled opportunity to gain the long-term personal and professional satisfaction of serving patients in our diverse community. The ideal candidate is expected to be skilled and trained in advanced and minimally invasive bariatric surgery and have strong interest in elective and acute care general surgery.
- Completed fellowship training in Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery
- Must be ABS Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Applicants must have experience in laparoscopic foregut surgery and other laparoscopic abdominal surgeries
- Have strong interest in general surgery
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey
- Strong work ethic and desire to participate in a team-oriented, performance-driven group
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 403b retirement plan with partial company match
- Excellent public school system
- Close proximity to the New Jersey shore, New York City, and Philadelphia
- Close proximity to EWR airport with many direct flights around the world
If interested, please send CV via email to Johnny Batista II, Physician Recruiter at Johnny.Batista@atlantichealth.org.
About Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health System is at the forefront of medicine, setting standards for quality health care in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the New York metropolitan area. Powered by a workforce of almost 17,500 team members and 4,800 affiliated physicians dedicated to building healthier communities, Atlantic Health System serves more than half of the state of New Jersey including 11 counties and 4.9 million people. The not-for-profit system offers more than 400 sites of care, including 8 hospitals: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center in Newton, Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, Goryeb Children s Hospital in Morristown, CentraState Hospital in Freehold, and Atlantic Rehabilitation Institute in Madison, NJ.
Overlook Medical Center was named one of America's 50 Best Hospitals in 2022 by Healthgrades, a 2022 World s Best Hospital by Newsweek and recognized as a Best Regional Hospital in the NY Metro area by U.S. News & World Report for the eleventh consecutive year. Overlook Medical Center is the recipient of the Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award and is a Five-Star Recipient for Overall Bariatric Surgery by Healthgrades. It ranks among the top 5% of hospitals evaluated for bariatric surgery. We are also accredited as a Comprehensive Center for Adult and Adolescent Bariatric Surgery by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. This is a joint accreditation program between the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.