Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn t about another gadget, it s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life s best work. (sm)
As a part of the Optum network, American Health Network is seeking a Primary Care Physician to join our growing team in Indiana with multiple practice locations available. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life s best work with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment
- Provide care across the continuum, focusing on value-based care and supported by a robust team of specialists
- Procedures can include, but not limited to: simple skin surgery, fracture care, joint injections, maternity care, IUD s, etc.
- Fewer patients per day, longer patient visits
- Full-time, schedule can be 4 or 4.5 workdays per week
- Open to BC/BE Internal Medicine physicians
- Must be comfortable working with advanced providers
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can t do it alone this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity including incoming guarantee with bonus incentives
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Physician partnership opportunities with Optum
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of (Indiana/Ohio) or has (Indiana/Ohio) application in process
- Board Certified or board eligibility in Family Medicine
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Opportunities with American Healthcare Network, OptumCare partner. When you join American Healthcare Network (AHN), you become a part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the market it serves. At American Healthcare Network, we want to be the best healthcare organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We re a physician led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 3000 providers and 1200 employees. We re also an OptumCare partner, part of UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global healthcare organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system better for everyone. That s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being. Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its providers, its role in health care and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life s best work. (sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.