St. Frances Cabrini Hospital is seeking an experienced physician leader to join their mission driven organization with a commitment to excellence. The Clinical Medical Director will report to the CMO and CEO. He/She will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the management and delivery of quality services. development of clinical practices at the facility/ministry level through leadership of initiatives that improve:
The Clinical Medical Director will work in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer and ensure services comply with all Hospital and regulatory agency standards and procedures. The Clinical Medical Director will also ensure compliance with all medical functions and maintain all requirements of The Joint Commission and other applicable Federal, State, and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies. In collaboration with the staff/senior leadership team, the Clinical Medical Director will have a focus on the strategic initiative, i.e., decrease length of stay from 1.26 to 1.16 with a goal of 1.06 days.
The Clinical Medical Director will have three direct reports and will be responsible for approximately 12 FTE’s overseeing the Advance Providers at the Community Health Clinic. The Community Health Clinic offers urgent care and primary care services. The Community Health Center Director of Nursing, the Director of Case Management and the Specialty Clinics will report directly to the Clinical Medical Director.
The Clinical Medical Director will act as a liaison between the Medical Staff, Patients, Administration, Nursing Staff and other disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Clinical Medical Director is a leadership position to affect the quality outcomes and the development of clinical practices at the facility/ministry level through leadership of initiatives that improve:
- Excellence in clinical quality and quality of patient outcomes
- Medical staff effectiveness
- System growth
- Financial performance
- Interdisciplinary communications
- Service efficiency
- Utilization management of hospital resources
- Performance improvement initiatives
- Must have an MD or DO degree.
- Eligibility for medical licensure in Louisiana
- Active board certification in primary specialty
- At least five years of experience as a physician leader in a large hospital or hospitals within an IDS.
- Reputation as an excellent clinician with a minimum of ten years of experience in a private practice or a group practice model.
- Experience as a physician leader takes priority over medical specialty
- Experience in a matrix organization
- Experience in analyzing competitive healthcare environment and developing and implementing strategic recommendations for improved market share in a dynamic industry
- Strong physician relationship skills
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and an ability to influence, collaborate with and motivate others
- Have a thorough knowledge of legal, regulatory, ethical, clinical and managerial, organizational requirements, principles and standards of care for hospitals and healthcare systems
- Possess progressive academic training and experiences
CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital located in Alexandria Louisiana, is a 241-bed facility employing approximately 1,600 Associates and a medical staff of over 325 physicians. CHRISTUS Cabrini offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
CHRISTUS Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system made up of more than 600 centers, including long-term care facilities, community hospitals, walk-in clinics and health ministries. We are a community 45,000 strong, with over 15,000 physicians providing individualized care in the United States, Chile, Colombia and Mexico. Sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio and the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, our missing is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to every individual we serve.
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group are multi-specialty medical groups with more than 1,000 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers. Our clinicians represent more than 60 specialties in over 140 clinic locations across 4 states - Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, and New Mexico. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group are physician led and governed medical groups and are a part of the CHRISTUS Health family.
Located in the heart of Louisiana, Alexandria is quickly emerging as one of the nation's best places to start a business, raise a family, and explore the great outdoors. It is a national leader in new and expanded business development and was recently named one of the twenty best cities in the country to find a job. National Geographic Traveler ranks Alexandria as one of America's top ten "wilderness towns" because of its incredible access to the one of the country's most beautiful and expansive national forests.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Brian Tant at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-826-1217 and reference CMD-145749